Chris Froome

Shebeen

Noted Tumbles and Karoo.., it isn't officially a team sport but I reckon the TdF cannot be won without a team of hoe? Certainly the winner needs to be a great cyclist and have a great team; riders etc etc. Plus luck on his side. I reckon also that Sky took a leaf out the LA book of all for one but, as Tumbles says, with Froome as deputy sheriff and backup. You could argue that Froome was also a beneficiary of the team, keeping him out of the breeze and then placing him with Wiggins.

Froome has some tough decisions should he believe his main squeeze and become restless; many good and very good riders; not so many good teams with deep pockets; certainly not Orica from what I've heard.

Hehe touche!

Aaaaag all right, I just like old Froomdog a tad more 'cause he has a bit of Africa in his veins. En dan is hy nog 'n naais ou ook! :P

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Froome riding the Olympic TT? On TDF form he must a medal contender (not gold though)

Is Froome riding the Olympic TT? On TDF form he must a medal contender (not gold though)

Yes,

"Chris Froome and Bradley Wiggins have been selected to ride the Time Trial on the 1st August."

Making the most of the British sunshine today with Cav and the Team GB Captain, David "don't stop calling me a doper" Millar

Ayk7d4nCUAAUJAd.jpg

Making the most of the British sunshine today with Cav and the Team GB Captain, David "don't stop calling me a doper" Millar

Ayk7d4nCUAAUJAd.jpg

Hell, but Millar is tall.

Well, that would make 99% of the comments critical of Wiggins' win valid, considering the general "cycling is a team sport" explination for the treatment of e.g. froome in Wiggo's road to victory...

Ok, if it makes you happy.

You might also say its not a team sport but the Tour de France is a sport with teams. A bit of a hybrid.

But your main point is that you're a Froome fan, and we all think his time will come.

Edited by Joe Low

I wonder how FroomeDog is going to handle his role as Cav's domestique on Saturday? Will we see his cocky "go to the front and turn around" look? Or will we see a guy who is there to tow his sprinter to the line for gold?

I wonder how FroomeDog is going to handle his role as Cav's domestique on Saturday? Will we see his cocky "go to the front and turn around" look? Or will we see a guy who is there to tow his sprinter to the line for gold?

presumably not a serious question...

to your point though, maybe froome was looking around cos they agreed to push for the stage win, but as wiggo commented later, his mind had wondered elsewhere since he thought he was already on the Champs-Elysees...

What I can't work out is why 4 top class riders would drag a sprinter to the line for him to take gold? It's not as if they all get a gold medal, just the winner does.

What I can't work out is why 4 top class riders would drag a sprinter to the line for him to take gold? It's not as if they all get a gold medal, just the winner does.

Because in a straight dash, they will never beat Cav! This gives the best sprinter, the best chance of winning gold, and they all can't win gold.

I was going to say Hell, but Cav is short!

Looks like Cav is standing on his toes to even be that high! He's struggling.

Do like (wash my mouth out) that GB kit though. Haven't seen the 'stralia one yet but it's bound to be designed by a 1 handed, 90 yr old who is colour blind and thinks the best fashion era was the fluro 80s and the best country kit is the one that burns you eyeballs out when you at it.

... or the obligatory white boy attempt of aboriginal art. Please God, not again.

Edited by hellocolour

They all rode together at the world champs last year, and Cav is the man who can accelerate in the last 100m to win the sprint. Dave is the road captain and a fine one at that. Chris, Brad will do lank pulls in the front to control the race. And even though Cav will get the medal it's a team win. Win-win situation you might say. I think that barring back luck, they are unbeatable.