How does one become a Bike Machanic?

_freak_

A friend who manages a store in PE was looking and they were paying about R2500. Not a lucrative career by any means.

And what do these guys get paid?

Curious....

Not sure about a machanic but a Mechanic you would need to know your way around a bike properly.

As for pay I think "some" get far too much judging by some of the experiences Ive had, hence the reason Ill do things by myself now and know they're done right.... oh, and get my bike back without any additional battle wounds.

buy a tool box and grow a mullet , oh a bike mechanic.....work at a LBS and learn

or go to all Johan Borman's classes

By learning to spell Mechanic.............

ya, you beaten me to it. First, finish school...that usually helps with the spelling. :w00t:

A friend who manages a store in PE was looking and they were paying about R2500. Not a lucrative career by any means.

You will not get a mechanic for that.My maid earns more.

You will not get a mechanic for that.My maid earns more.

No doubt but this is what they were offering and they got someone - how good they are/were is up for debate. Salaries in the EC are a shocker

No doubt but this is what they were offering and they got someone - how good they are/were is up for debate. Salaries in the EC are a shocker

8 - 10K for a good qualified and I mean qualified mechanic.Can be more with commissions

I wonder if they also receive a commission, the couple of mechanics I have spoke to always seem to want you to upgrade to something more expensive!

8 - 10K for a good qualified and I mean qualified mechanic.Can be more with commissions

Personally I think that is pretty low in terms of a qualified "machanic", what would a car mechanic earn?

I wonder if they also receive a commission, the couple of mechanics I have spoke to always seem to want you to upgrade to something more expensive!

Of course they get a commission based on parts etc

Of course they get a commission based on parts etc

Forkit....I once asked why as an aeroplane maniac mechanic we could not earn commision on parts and was told it would be considered unethical...

They had a point imo