Rewiring a bike rack plug

Lukep

This takes me back to my youth.... 

My dad rewiring the trailer plug and me having to stand behind the trailer to check if everything is working.

A few years ago I bought a trailer, went to pick it up and wanted to plug it in.... WTF Audi had this crazy plug with all these little holes. Anyway complained when I got home, phoned up an Auto sparky he came and did a rewire. Trailer worked and all was well....until I sold the car and emptied the boot... Oh what's in this white box. Aahhh an adapter plug for when I tow a trailer!!!!  :cursing:

Need to diagnose a dead left turn signal on a Thule rack.

It’s the Volvo branded one so it came with a euro plug. Instead of cutting off I bought the adaptor from Autostyle to adapt it to my Suzuki. Hope it’s not that causing the issue.

Need to diagnose a dead left turn signal on a Thule rack.

It’s the Volvo branded one so it came with a euro plug. Instead of cutting off I bought the adaptor from Autostyle to adapt it to my Suzuki. Hope it’s not that causing the issue.

.test continuity between the light socket and appropriate pin on the plug then change the bulb

If no go then im outa advice

Does that left turn signal work intermittently? 

Sounds like you either have a dead bulb, or a dry joint. 

Easy enough to check if the bulb is dead to replace it... 

For a dry joint, check the wiring is screwed nicely into the back of the plugs. Then spray a touch of Q20 onto the wiring joints and the plug lugs itself. Pop the plug in and it should be just fine

Does that left turn signal work intermittently?

Sounds like you either have a dead bulb, or a dry joint.

Easy enough to check if the bulb is dead to replace it...

For a dry joint, check the wiring is screwed nicely into the back of the plugs. Then spray a touch of Q20 onto the wiring joints and the plug lugs itself. Pop the plug in and it should be just fine

Completely dead. I’m suspecting the Kia’s plug maybe. Will test on the Zook and then start with the bulb and then wiring connections.

Should be a quick one at least to fix.

I should have put a bigger bait on...  :devil:

But yes, process of elimination will work

Edited by 117