Which are your best Jhb training ride road routes in the N/S/E/W?

vigilant

I presume you've contacted the various clubs around Gauteng? Most of them have pretty set routes that they use often.

For example: http://www.crestawhe...a/ClubRides.htm

Yes we know that a lot of clubs have set routes.

On the other hand a lot of people don't belong to a club, but would like to find a route where they can join up with other cyclists and ride in safety and in a relatively controlled environment.

How about a route from Greenstone side through Edenvale to Bedfordview?

Thanks Wez-O

If you have done this route before or know it, please plot the route as we don't all know the roads in the different areas.

From a logistics point for cyclists and marshalls, we prefer that routes start and finish at the same point.

Edited by Speed Devil

Myself and a few mates would gladly join if there is anything leaving from the Benoni / Boksburg area. We normally latch onto the Bedford bunch on North Rand Rd on saturday mornings and TRY to keep up but that doesn't normally last too long and we get dropped on Pomona... :w00t: but we keep trying...

Thanks Wez-O

If you have done this route before or know it, please plot the route as we don't all know the roads in the different areas.

From a logistics point for cyclists and marshalls, we prefer that routes start and finish at the same point.

What distance would you guys be looking at?

Myself and a few mates would gladly join if there is anything leaving from the Benoni / Boksburg area. We normally latch onto the Bedford bunch on North Rand Rd on saturday mornings and TRY to keep up but that doesn't normally last too long and we get dropped on Pomona... :w00t: but we keep trying...

There's also a group that rides from Elridge shopping centre at 7am Sat, distance 70-100km.

Would the rides only be on weekend or would you be able to arrange something in the mornings?

I am looking to get some moring rides setup in the North riding area.

Would the rides only be on weekend or would you be able to arrange something in the mornings?

I am looking to get some moring rides setup in the North riding area.

Sorry mate, but we all have full time jobs and morning rides will be impossible to arrange.

We are hoping to arrange these rides on Sundays.

What distance would you guys be looking at?

It depends on you guys, but probably anything between 60 and 100km.

I live in Kyalami and generally will travel by car to the cradle for either club or ride with mates. Roads around my area not very cyclist firendly but if there was a marshalled ride I would def. join on a Sunday... So anything starting and finishing in Sunninghill/Kyalami/Woodmead would be good for me and I think many others. No real opinion on the best route from there could go north, west or south I guess depending on whats best traffic and road wise.

I live in Kyalami and generally will travel by car to the cradle for either club or ride with mates. Roads around my area not very cyclist firendly but if there was a marshalled ride I would def. join on a Sunday... So anything starting and finishing in Sunninghill/Kyalami/Woodmead would be good for me and I think many others. No real opinion on the best route from there could go north, west or south I guess depending on whats best traffic and road wise.

I second this notion.

There's also a group that rides from Elridge shopping centre at 7am Sat, distance 70-100km.

Thanks Scotty, can anyone join in? What sort of pace?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is anyone riding road bike this coming Thursday afternoon? Anything after 1pm in the bedford or boksburg area?