This video makes me proud to be a cyclist

Wez-O

Damn Youtube, blocked at work??!?!??!

How inconsiderate of your work!

Any chance you can play embedded YouTube videos?

That is the coolest clip I have ever seen. I say that it deserves a Grammy. Oops Oscar. The week must have been longer than it felt. Lol

Edited by KonaMTB

what i really like about this clip, is that it is a great reminder, that for most people of the world, a bicycle is more than just about training and racing. For some its the only way they get around.

what i really like about this clip, is that it is a great reminder, that for most people of the world, a bicycle is more than just about training and racing. For some its the only way they get around.

True Slowbee... The Bicycle > sliced bread!

That is really inspiring. So on a great note I will wrap up the day in the office.

Thanks Wez-O

That is really inspiring. So on a great note I will wrap up the day in the office.

Thanks Wez-O

Glad to be of assistance :thumbup:

This video was made in Portland, Oregon. They have done incredible things to promote bicycling. I lived there for 20 years and bicycled to work every day I could. An inspiration to the world.

http://www.bicycling.com/news/advocacy/americas-best-bike-city-portland-oregon

Their campaign is very interesting and it's definitely working. Makes me want to ride my bike to work!

Edited by Wez-O

Why are there so many knuckleheads on this planet (or should i say in the western world) that dont understand the true benefits of bicycles??

My bike is not an essential mode of transport for me, its a fitness , racing, enjoyment luxury, BUT if our towns and cities offered a safe cycling infrastructure, then it would be my primary transport means... I get a kick out of the fact that you can go 100km's on banana and bottle of water... beautiful!!!

Why are there so many knuckleheads on this planet (or should i say in the western world) that dont understand the true benefits of bicycles??

My bike is not an essential mode of transport for me, its a fitness , racing, enjoyment luxury, BUT if our towns and cities offered a safe cycling infrastructure, then it would be my primary transport means... I get a kick out of the fact that you can go 100km's on banana and bottle of water... beautiful!!!

Europe and the States make it easy to use cycle for more than just recreation, however, if you had to cycle from the East/South or Westrand to Sandton every day in rush hour traffic, you would probably be dead in about a week.

All SS :)

Europe and the States make it easy to use cycle for more than just recreation, however, if you had to cycle from the East/South or Westrand to Sandton every day in rush hour traffic, you would probably be dead in about a week.

Not strictly accurate. I did West Rand/Sandton bike commute during rush hour for nearly 18 months without mishap caused by motorists. I did , however, unseat myself a few times through lack of talent.