Pay Kit Forward - Donate unwanted kit to those who can use it.

Abnormaload!

We have a warehouse in Brackenfell, called Shiloh Relief. We distribute food, clothing and furniture to the needy.

I am attempting to add a sports section as well including cycling, rugby, soccer etc. any kit, bikes , gear whatever can be brought to the warehouse. We'll get it into the right hands.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any spot in the Cape Town - Stellenbosch area where we can drop off such kit?

Shiloh Relief in Brackenfell can take it off your hands... Contact me anytime

A friend of mine has a young guy that works part time for him in his garden. His name is Thobane Shabalala, he is 16 years old and they live in a small rural settlement called Moolman, which is close to Piet Retief in Mpumalanga. My friend lent him a Giant Sedona ladies bike (no shocks, v brakes, bomber style handlebars) because he showed some interest and we entered him into his first race, which was the Vryheid Meat Masters MTB race(20km). He was given strict instructions to stay in the slipstream of the guy in front of him, which he did and came second Today he participated in the Mphati MTB race in Dundee and was given no instructions at all and he won the 20km race comfortably. This guy has nearly no training, his bike is a joke and he has no kit besides a helmet. I have sponsored his race fees, transport too and from the races, refreshments at the races, as well as a shirt. We are urgently trying to organise this guy a decent bike with some kit etc. I am willing to pay for the postage of any parts. We have a guy who is said he will sponsor him R2000, he has won R400 today and I have a flat bar and a seat post for him. If there are any guys willing to part with anything, please could you contact me at philip@frontierretail.co.za. Thanks

Hi Everyone, we're involved with about 32 kids from the Jacaranda Children's Home (http://www.jacarandachildren.co.za) in Pretoria & their Cycling Academy. These kids really need anything cycling related, from clothing, helmets, shoes, bicycle spares, etc.

Please throw it in a box/bag & email me horne.martin33@gmail.com for collection arrangements.

Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine has a young guy that works part time for him in his garden. His name is Thobane Shabalala, he is 16 years old and they live in a small rural settlement called Moolman, which is close to Piet Retief in Mpumalanga. My friend lent him a Giant Sedona ladies bike (no shocks, v brakes, bomber style handlebars) because he showed some interest and we entered him into his first race, which was the Vryheid Meat Masters MTB race(20km). He was given strict instructions to stay in the slipstream of the guy in front of him, which he did and came second������ Today he participated in the Mphati MTB race in Dundee and was given no instructions at all and he won the 20km race comfortably. This guy has nearly no training, his bike is a joke and he has no kit besides a helmet. I have sponsored his race fees, transport too and from the races, refreshments at the races, as well as a shirt. We are urgently trying to organise this guy a decent bike with some kit etc. I am willing to pay for the postage of any parts. We have a guy who is said he will sponsor him R2000, he has won R400 today and I have a flat bar and a seat post for him. If there are any guys willing to part with anything, please could you contact me at philip@frontierretail.co.za. Thanks

Noodle, don't you want to start a special thread for this in Rant & Rave because here it is hidden away. I will then kick it off with a R500 donation. Maybe we can do for him what the Hub community did for ScottC-M and maybe even get him a decent new bike?

Around 10 of my mates and I that are doing JailBreak triathlon in Dec are busy collecting old, not abused running shoes, equipment and cycling kit. We will hand over all kit/equipment to Velokhaya cycling Academy in Khayalitsha at the end of Nov. The plan is to help start a multisports team within the Academy hence running kit is also needed. I stay in Cape Town CBD and can collect kit from you. PM me and we can arrange.

About the Academy:

http://www.velokhaya.com/fact_sheet.html

We have a warehouse in Brackenfell, called Shiloh Relief. We distribute food, clothing and furniture to the needy.

I am attempting to add a sports section as well including cycling, rugby, soccer etc. any kit, bikes , gear whatever can be brought to the warehouse. We'll get it into the right hands.

Maniax, if we arrange for such a box for "old" kit, will you collect, or must we deliver to your place?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

post-44041-0-07476000-1398970713_thumb.jpg

My friend got given these when she started cycling but couldn't make use of it, so if anyone wants these are if there's a charity or development cycling group or someone that just doesn't want to fork out the crazy prices for cycling kit.

there's 3 bibs in large, 5 shirts, there's an XS and a L - the others don't have tags. And a pair of size 11 shoes. Shout if you want - all used, but my friend did wash them all :-)

Edited by Uni

Noodle, don't you want to start a special thread for this in Rant & Rave because here it is hidden away. I will then kick it off with a R500 donation. Maybe we can do for him what the Hub community did for ScottC-M and maybe even get him a decent new bike?

I'll throw some in too...

I have 2 specialized Bibs (used) to be donated to a Hubber. Size Large both. Dont think one can do this with underwear but at least its not really the same thing. You pay postage 30 bucks

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 specialized Bibs (used) to be donated to a Hubber. Size Large both. Dont think one can do this with underwear but at least its not really the same thing. You pay postage 30 bucks

We're involved with about 32 kids from the Jacaranda Children's Home (http://www.jacarandachildren.co.za) in Pretoria & their Cycling Academy. These kids really need anything cycling related, from clothing, helmets, shoes, bicycle spares, etc. If u have anything you'd like to donate, please place in a box & I'll arrange for a courier to collect it from your address anywhere in SA.

post-44041-0-07476000-1398970713_thumb.jpg

My friend got given these when she started cycling but couldn't make use of it, so if anyone wants these are if there's a charity or development cycling group or someone that just doesn't want to fork out the crazy prices for cycling kit.

there's 3 bibs in large, 5 shirts, there's an XS and a L - the others don't have tags. And a pair of size 11 shoes. Shout if you want - all used, but my friend did wash them all :-)

We're involved with about 32 kids from the Jacaranda Children's Home (http://www.jacarandachildren.co.za) in Pretoria & their Cycling Academy. These kids really need anything cycling related, from clothing, helmets, shoes, bicycle spares, etc. If u have anything you'd like to donate, please place in a box & I'll arrange for a courier to collect it from your address anywhere in SA.

Thanx

Thanx

Already sent via Martin to buycycle... RAM collected Tuesday