VicZA

Yep sorry, got lazy and didnt search the forum

I'll spend 5mins in the naughty corner

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are an SA brand who claim to be Swiss. Their quality is on par with other brands such as Silverback, Momsen etc. The MTN pro team rode them at one point, so if they could withstand the hell Kevin Evans put them through, then they can be considered a good brand.

Not sure if they are still made though.

rode my FS1 at Sani this year, Volcan were there and gave my bike a free service after each stage !!

tell you what, when me current XC1 dies it is getting replaced with the XC29. Swiss or not swiss, the frame is great. And liek someone else said most frame get made in the same Asian factory.

http://www.volcanbikes.com/images/bikes/2012_29er/2012_29er_2.jpg

Edited by BushGoblin

i also have an FS2 26" bike that i have put through hell ( downhill riders and xc bikes dont usually mix ) it has a few chips, but after 2 years of punishment on the racing scene it has no cracks yet!! :clap: They are really great bikes!!!

Have never seen a Volcan here anywhere, either on the trails or in a shop.

Suspect it some saffa with swiss roots or swiss with Saffa roots who designed and marketed it only in SA as Volcan.

Some years back when they became popular in SA I made enquiries locally and spoke to a few LBS's and no one here I spoke to has ever heard of them. If they were genuine Swiss made / designed bikes there would be plenty about, the swiss are very patriotic wrt to locally made or designed products.

Although Volcan bikes are not seen around every corner they are available.

In my neck of the woods I see them all around the place...but not in numbers like the popular mainstream bikes.

Volcan bikes are not entry level bikes....they are good, strong and light race orientated bikes....and they do the job they are designed for.

All the Volcan owners I know are not selling and very few come up for sale on the classified ads.

Volcan bikes can handle more than what we can throw at them.

In my neck of the woods I see them all around the place...but not in numbers like the popular mainstream bikes.

Volcan bikes are not entry level bikes....they are good, strong and light race orientated bikes....and they do the job they are designed for.

All the Volcan owners I know are not selling and very few come up for sale on the classified ads.

SwissVan lives in Switzerland. He's saying that for a bike that claims to be Swiss, he has never seen one there.

Edited by patches

In SA you see them but definetly not on planet Zug

Know someone in SA who has owned a few Volcans, he does epic and other stage races every year and also loves them.

SwissVan lives in Switzerland. He's saying that for a bike that claims to be Swiss, he has never seen one there.

SNAP!!

Perhaps they are not selling them because they will get nothing for them. I would be very reluctant to buy a second hand carbon frame. Wouldn't you?

Edited by Pusher

I have the XC29 - its my second Volcan bike and all I can say is wow....I dont care where its made but it rides like a dream - I moved from the Giant Anthem 29 to the Volcan hardtail XC 29 - I am as happy as a pig in **** with my bike (my bike is under 10kg all in). I did Sani this year and they had there own tent where they serviced all Volcan bikes for free - not to many other brands offering that?

Their sizing is a little odd though... I ride a 17.5/18 inch frame... their frames are HUGE!!

Lovely looking bikes though!

Hey

It is a Swiss bike and are really good bikes, i have a XC29 full carbon Volcan and are loving it.

Perhaps they are not selling them because they will get nothing for them. I would be very reluctant to buy a second hand carbon frame. Wouldn't you?

Perhaps....perhaps you can have mine for nothing.....perhaps not ...I am happy with mine.

Hey

It is a Swiss bike and are really good bikes, i have a XC29 full carbon Volcan and are loving it.

Have you not read ANYTHING in the 28 posts before yours? :P :lol:

i was interested in looking at them - so did a couple of searches - found on about battling to get a hanger replacement and another about a crack. only place i have seen them for sale is buycycle - phoned them and the left my number with the lady who couldnt help me - so someone who could help would phone me back - still waiting for that call back and have since bought another bike