Vredestein mtb tyres

RollandBounce

Anyone ever ridden with vredestein mtb tyres? If so what was your experience? Familiar with their road tyres buth not with their mtb tyres...

I bought some killer bees a while back. They weren't that great grip wise, but have super low rolling resistance, and no punctures while I used them. I eventually put them on my training wheels and use them when I ride the mtb on the road - so far so good....

I had a pair and had no problem. Like mentioned above, not the best grip in the world, however really fast

I replaced my Schwable Racing Ralph's wit a set of Vredestein Extreme Black Panther's and I must say that I am very happy.

They have grip where the Schwable's starting slipping. They also clear mud well.

I am no expert but I like them.

I have tried the killerbees at 2 seperate occasions. Do not expect a tough tire. Prepare for latex spray on your frame and on your legs.

I'm currently running a Black Panther as a rear tyre on my Anthem X. Good grip, predictable break away. Wears quite quickly compared to the Kenda I had previously. Lightish as tubeless.

i have a black panther extreme ont he front. have done some good milage, and seems that it will last a while still.

very happy - good grip.

I bought some killer bees a while back. They weren't that great grip wise, but have super low rolling resistance, and no punctures while I used them. I eventually put them on my training wheels and use them when I ride the mtb on the road - so far so good....

They are fantastic tyres for dry hardpack. But I have also used them on the old style epic and a wet Sabie Experience without killing myself

The grip is not bad under the right conditions but they wear out quite fast.

I dont use them anymore as I now prefer having extra grip during cornering. Maybe that is my age showing.

They are fantastic tyres for dry hardpack. But I have also used them on the old style epic and a wet Sabie Experience without killing myself

The grip is not bad under the right conditions but they wear out quite fast.

I dont use them anymore as I now prefer having extra grip during cornering. Maybe that is my age showing.

what pressure did you run them at? - sez 2.5bar minimum on the sidewall, but running them on this pressure makes the grip in corners very sketchy. Run mine at 1.8bar just to get the corner grip to an acceptable (according to me) level.

saw my arse without the use of a mirror first ride out with them at 2.5bar.

Tried the Killer Bees once and didn't like them at all, lack of grip mostly. Fell my ass off in a loose fast corner and ja before y'all comment that may well have been my lack of skill ......

My laaitie loved them on the other hand!

what pressure did you run them at? - sez 2.5bar minimum on the sidewall, but running them on this pressure makes the grip in corners very sketchy. Run mine at 1.8bar just to get the corner grip to an acceptable (according to me) level.

saw my arse without the use of a mirror first ride out with them at 2.5bar.

Pressure was below 2 bar - I weigh about 76kgs - but grip in corners was never their strong point anyway.