Oscar Pistorius

Azonic

Time to just "point at the scoreboard" where Oscar is shown in the starting list. Argue all you want. He'll continue to make headlines for all the right reasons. And "accuse" me of bringing emotion into it if it makes you feel better but that's what the games are all about, emotion!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just happy that the IAAF makes the decisions and not someone with a Onetrackmind!

Hear, hear

Are there any rules on his blades? Why not just pitch up with blades that give him a huge advantage? Let's see what the other athletes have to say then

How long before someone chops off their legs to get to the Olympics?

How can you even be arguing here? Seriously. How do you have any idea what was tested or concluded if you have not read all of the test sheets and data? You are allowing your emotions and patriotism to cloud your view of the real facts here. There is nothing wrong with being a proud South African here, but face the fact with a clear, informed stance before you head into a debate.

Have you read ALL of it?

Well they should considering Oscar has such a distinct advantage....

I'm just happy that the IAAF makes the decisions and not someone with a Onetrackmind!

:thumbup:

:mellow:

Just as well, without the Huisgenoot moments, the Olympics would be worthless.

Probably about a million years and that's the point. He overcame adversity, he didn't look for a shortcut.

Have you read ALL of it?

I've read everything I possibly can find on it. But I'm not the one making uninformed arguments here. You are. This isn't about me. If you choose a juvenile approach to debate, there is no point in continuing here.

Well, that proved it was a justified inclusion into the final. Very proud.

Arnaud Malherbe agrees that the appeal should never have been upheld, and he has raced this event, at this level. Which is probably why he is not on the hub :)

Nice to see that some other scientific thinkers have joined the thread.

I'm not doubting the inspirational aspect of what Oscar does, but the fact that his olympic appearance has made more waves and raised eyebrows than natalie du toit just casts doubt on his real right to be there. She deserved it and should be celebrated, we're not so sure on Oscar but he's got the headlines.

for those who want to ignore the science, enjoy this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJr6FknZhpM&feature=player_detailpage

Are there any rules on his blades? Why not just pitch up with blades that give him a huge advantage? Let's see what the other athletes have to say then

can only use the standard cheetahs, any other blade would have to be retested

that's pretty much the point. Look at the east germany program if you doubt the lengths some will go to.

• 4 weeks later...

Complained about the Brazilians blades:

Oscar Pistorius didn't mince his words in the wake of his shock defeat to Alan Fonteles Cardoso Oliveira in the men's 200m T44 final.

The South African said: "We are not running in a fair race here, absolutely ridiculous. I'm not taking away from Alan's performance but I can't compete with Alan's stride length. The IPC have their regulations and their regulations mean that some athletes can make themselves unbelievable high ... his knee-heights are four inches higher than they should be.

"We have spoken to the IPC about the length of these blades but it has fallen on deaf ears. Guys are coming from nowhere to run ridiculous times. I don't know how you pull that back, I run at 10 metres per second and I don't know how someone comes back from eight metres behind in the home straight. It's not right."

Oscar Oscar Oscar..

Second place???? What happened..

The Brazilian beat him!!! Perhaps the Brazilian had the 2012 model blades!!

Brazilan's comeback:

Alan Fonteles Cardoso Oliveira has laughed off Oscar Pistorius's criticism of the length of his blades after the men's 200m T44 final.

The Brazilian said: "The length of my blades are all right because I went through all the procedures with the referees. I'm in the stadium because it's all cleared up and Oscar should know that.

"Since the first time I put them on I've been following the IPC rules. I'm very happy. This day I'm writing my story on the Paralympic world."