FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody seems to forget that normal old 'mieliepap' is probably one of the best foods to eat for sustained energy.

And if you don't believe that asked the other millions of hard working South Africans that eat it.

Yes I know what some of you will say, they don't train so intensely as some of us do.

But at the same time when was the last time that one had to get up at 4 in the morning to get work, then spend the day doing real physical, hard work and then only get back to your home at 7 or 8, and then to do that everyday.

Have just got some of the strawberry. Will be trying it out tomorrow.

What do you think of the strawberry?

Thug what did you think of it?

I like it, always have. Think it's a great breakfast for MTBers/Roadies looking for a solid meal before a ride.

Anybody know how much this stuff sells for? I just tried a sample I had lying in my cupboard and it is pretty yummy

Best stuff ever, and you can have it as a shake for lunch when your feeling too lazy to chew. :)

Oats - 2 hours vs FL 4h?? Are you using instant oats/over cook it/use too much suuuugar? Try using normal oats, only half cook them and maybe only use 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Just a thought. For me, oats is one of the best and most natural foods i have found.

Never use instant oats. Raw oats. Sometimes half cook them, mostly eat completely raw mixed with bran flakes and raisins and a teaspoon of sugar with milk. Just doesn't sustain me.

I'm not the only one in our household who experiences the difference FutureLife makes.

What do you think of the strawberry?

I like it as an alternative but would stick with original and chocolate as favourites. Haven't tried the banana yet.

Guys here is response to the pricing issues discussed earlier in the forum

"Yes, we have recently taken a price increase at store level as we have been faced with price increases from our local suppliers. Whilst we make every effort to keep our prices as low as possible, we do believe that we are exceptionally well priced versus other brands on a like for like nutritional value basis. A recent analysis of the FutureLife product showed that the nutritional profile of FutureLife is actually more comparable with health products/ medical foods(that retail for around R100 / 500g), as opposed to cereal/ porridge brands that retail at R27 / 500g. Hence we do believe that at R30.00 / 500g FutureLife represents great nutritional value."

Edited by Spartikus

I used to eat half original flavour mixed with half chocolate flavour. Then I kinda got bored with it.

So I went back to my oats - just add boiled water and let it swell out. No sugar, nothing else added. Just oats.

So they brought the strawberry flavour out and I was keen to try as I was getting bored with the oats (yea I know, I noticed that I get bored eating the same thing every morning for a long period of time)

I normally have it with quite a bit of warm milk as a drink, and the strawberry is great as is - don't have to dilute it with the original flavour!

I found that if I eat my plain oats I crave sugar during the day at some point.

If I have Future Life for breakfast I don't crave sugar during the day.

Can't say I've noticed how the one holds me for longer before I'm hungry again. Just the sugar cravings.

Not oficially but I had ameeting with them yesterday and they willl be sponsoring the UJ team to go to University Boatrace next month

Love that stuff.... only cereal/shake that keeps me going until lunch time. All I can stomach before I ride to. All the flavours are great but chocolate the BESTEST!! :thumbup:

check out at clicks... This from a Jewish person. You get clubcard points smile.gif

I would like to be more descriptive,but dont be an antisemite,you @*@*hole