Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT ... 2 x Pascoe's in the house ... surely that is not legal!

Funny enough we have always ended up with the same trail bikes at the same time. Usually because of a deal we could not pass up. The other bikes in the garage are all different.

WHAT ... 2 x Pascoe's in the house ... surely that is not legal!

Funny enough we have always ended up with the same trail bikes at the same time. Usually because of a deal we could not pass up. The other bikes in the garage are all different.

Yea, they really came through for me in my hour of need.

Actually the oil change was plan B. The original intention was to change the shims but they couldn't get hold of the shim kit in time. But it worked out brilliantly.

Patrick tuned the shock for a light rider for my wife before it left the factory. But will check and make sure it's working properly and perhaps even service it with a lighter weight oil in future. Thanks.

This is something I'm battling with. I'm new to bikes with dual suspension and more travel and suspect that my settings aren't at all optimum. What is a good starting point for rebound and compression on both front and rear? I intend on spending some time on th the trail to tweak, but I want a good starting point.

I've found that it depends on the speed I'm going. The slower I am, the less the rebound speed matters, and the mess the compression damping matters.

But - as a starting point, assuming an average speed - it all depends on the fork and shock, and what you're riding :)

Rebound should never be "poppy" and compression adjustment should be just off medium, so as to prevent it from looking like a pogo stick. Low speed compression should be ramped up more than high speed compression (as it controls how fast the fork compresses under braking / pedalling forces, whereas the high speed compression needs to be as active as possible to allow sensitivity over rapid changes in environment)

Hope that helps...

Mmm, I'm currently sitting on dead on in the middle on both compression and rebound on my shock and fork...

I have a revelation rct3 and the monarch rt3

Fork feels like it wants to "buck" me forward at times.

Mmm, I'm currently sitting on dead on in the middle on both compression and rebound on my shock and fork...

I have a revelation rct3 and the monarch rt3

Fork feels like it wants to "buck" me forward at times.

Slow down the rebound a bit. I'm sure that's what helped me towards my recent fail - a rebound set too fast

Slow down the rebound a bit. I'm sure that's what helped me towards my recent fail - a rebound set too fast

ditto.. Had the same set-up with the rebound set too high.. at the G-Spot the other week ended up doing an unintentional front roll with a head plant. Set the Re-Bound super low on the next couple of runs and had a better time.

I found the cane creek website useful, and in particular the tuning field guide. Although it is intended for their shocks, it gives a very good overview of how the different tune settings affect the ride quality, and how to adjust the shock (at least what is adjustable), that can be applied generally.

http://www.canecreek...air/tuning-tips

http://www.canecreek...tfg_english.pdf

My new toy, thanks to Clint at Finish line

Schnoodle, if you mind me asking what did you pay for this set up? Im assuming you specified the components, wheels etc.

Great looking bike ... :thumbup: