Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha , look what a mate just sent me :) hopefully its none of you guys.

haha tried looking for it but couldn't find it, i would give her R4500, she could go do her nails as well.

haha tried looking for it but couldn't find it, i would give her R4500, she could go do her nails as well.

yip ... it is only a "Stupid green bicycle" after all :)

Me running out of talent on my Stage a few weeks back.....

Tom

How it should be done!

haven't been down there in ages, how is it now? need to go need to go

The mountain has some fantastic riding - Plum, Tricky Techy (or whatever it is called now), all the MF's, and then all the nice Greenbelt bits just around the corner.

Plum before the Epic got hold of it was always one of my favourite places to fall! 

Tom

Hey guys, 

just a bit off topic. Anyone know the yellow 140 Pyga riding guy in CT named Francois (?). Works in construction, lives in town / Tamboerskloof and drives a Hilux double cab with w/alu canopy? Rides Conties and the the Tygerburg trails alot.

Had a conversation with him at conties last week about another type of bike and didn't take his number off him. 

Cheers for any direction / contact or just ask him to fire me a PM. 

Is a Stage worth the upgrade?

I've been debating bike options for multi-day and marathon events in Europe for months. Currently have a Oneten with 140mm and short stem with dropper post and trail wheels. I ride mostly natural single track/ enduro trails at the weekend, but do at least 3 marathon events a year (and the requisite training) along with a stage race every 2 years. I also want to get back into the local xc series. I like my Oneten as a trail bike and don't want to change spec for races, is a Stage worth it or should I look towards Anthem/ Cannondale/Scott/ Rocky Mountain etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the bikes you mentioned are great bikes, but having owned a Scalpel, Anthem and a Rocky 999...I dont think you will be happy..my oneten is the most comfortable bike i ever owned. Scalpel is really uncomfortable, Anthem...after riding a oneten...mmmm no..i would either go with a RM or a Stage..

I've been debating bike options for multi-day and marathon events in Europe for months. Currently have a Oneten with 140mm and short stem with dropper post and trail wheels. I ride mostly natural single track/ enduro trails at the weekend, but do at least 3 marathon events a year (and the requisite training) along with a stage race every 2 years. I also want to get back into the local xc series. I like my Oneten as a trail bike and don't want to change spec for races, is a Stage worth it or should I look towards Anthem/ Cannondale/Scott/ Rocky Mountain etc

Yes, well worth it. Can build one quite light too if you try.

Don't forget that the 2017 Anthem Advanced 29 has not been released yet and if the 650b is anything to go by.... expect it to be low, long and slack. It will therefore be comparable to the Stage.

On the Stage, StageMx and OneTen29er...

Stage - Low and Fast, but oh so capable. - Perfect stage bike

Stage Max, if you going to ride allot of fast and down hill with a good dose of Stage also

OneTen29er, anything anything, done the Jhb2C and other long races many times.

I got the Stage and love it. If people line Nico Phitzsomeyer can do the races he does at the speed he does then I doubt we will be reaching the limit of the bike.

G

What size frame are you needing?