Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Hi Markellis

I'm working/expecting September time frame, I'll manage my hopes and expect it end September.

G

Getting tired of waiting. Have all the parts fitted on my stage now waiting to be swapped over........  :devil:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to upgrade to a Stage Max, but would that be disloyal to my 110?

I went half way and put a Pike 140mm and Minion DHF on my 110 and it really has transformed the bike. Pretty damn amazing down hill now and really not bad on the ups.

Hi all. If anyone is aware of a large 110 for sale please give me a shout. Trying to find one for a friend and no better allrounder at the price in my opinion.

Edited by Johnny Lawless

What is the biggest difference between the 110 & the stage besides travel ?

What are the biggest ride characteristic differences?

How much heavier is the 110 over the stage or max?

How do pedal efficiency and single track fun differ ?

What bike if any do either of them compare to ?

What is the biggest difference between the 110 & the stage besides travel ?

What are the biggest ride characteristic differences?

How much heavier is the 110 over the stage or max?

How do pedal efficiency and single track fun differ ?

What bike if any do either of them compare to ?

Tough question as it depends on how the bikes are set up.

I’ve my 110 set with a 140mm Pike and 35mm stem with 780mm bars. It’s not a light rig 14kgplus but it’s robust as hell. I’ve had it on enduro tracks and bike parks

My Stage is set with a 120mm Reba and 50mm stem, flat bars at 760mm and low stack height. I’ve not got it set up light as I prefer a more robust bike for stage races etc and I’m not a light fellow.

They are both very capable bikes. The way I’ve set up my stage I’d say it’s comparable to the newer “down country” bikes but could easily be set up as a more race rocket ZC rig. The 110 as I have it is comparable most modern short travel 29er trail bikes

Tough question as it depends on how the bikes are set up.

I’ve my 110 set with a 140mm Pike and 35mm stem with 780mm bars. It’s not a light rig 14kgplus but it’s robust as hell. I’ve had it on enduro tracks and bike parks

My Stage is set with a 120mm Reba and 50mm stem, flat bars at 760mm and low stack height. I’ve not got it set up light as I prefer a more robust bike for stage races etc and I’m not a light fellow.

They are both very capable bikes. The way I’ve set up my stage I’d say it’s comparable to the newer “down country” bikes but could easily be set up as a more race rocket ZC rig. The 110 as I have it is comparable most modern short travel 29er trail bikes

I would set up either more robust as well. With wide bars, short stem and Dropper etc etc.

I think the weight of the 110 is it’s only downside ?

Hi all. If anyone is aware of a large 110 for sale please give me a shout. Trying to find one for a friend and no better allrounder at the price in my opinion.

There was a sweet 110 advertised here on Saturday for R30k ...that’s what got me thinking about the 110.

it's been a while since I've been on a 110 but I found the Max to be even more planted and stable on the descents. The slacker head angle took some getting used to at first, but they both climb well, very little or noticeable pedal Bob. Both bikes alot of fun! I jumped right in with the 110 being my first full suss. Before the max tried out some other brands but just loved the Max.

There was a sweet 110 advertised here on Saturday for R30k ...that’s what got me thinking about the 110.

Yes thanks, well aware. It sold before my mate could get his finances in order. Gotta be quick to catch a Pyga...both on the trails and in the classifieds it seems

Yes thanks, well aware. It sold before my mate could get his finances in order. Gotta be quick to catch a Pyga...both on the trails and in the classifieds it seems

Really didn’t know the 110’s were great sellers . I thought Aluminium bike’s wouldn’t be so sought after ,how wrong was i. Or maybe it’s just the 110’s .

I would set up either more robust as well. With wide bars, short stem and Dropper etc etc.

I think the weight of the 110 is it’s only downside ?

It depends how you build it. My 110 started life at 12.5kg, which is not bad for an XL size alu bike. 

How comparable is the stage max to the intense primer .....not the 2020 version .

I ride a Primer and have spent a fair amount of time on a stage and stage max in the past. Primer feels a lot lighter on the trails, but the Pyga's are also great bikes. IMO you can't go wrong with either.

I ride a Primer and have spent a fair amount of time on a stage and stage max in the past. Primer feels a lot lighter on the trails, but the Pyga's are also great bikes. IMO you can't go wrong with either.

It depends how you build it. My 110 started life at 12.5kg, which is not bad for an XL size alu bike.

That’s exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for, appreciate the reply

As for build quality on the primer & stage max and easy of home maintenance?

I tested both the stage and the stage max this last week.

Oh my soul, what a ride.

Two absolutely fantastic bikes.