Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. Have hopefully done all my homework. Have spoken to Pyga already. Medium is my size just wanting to make contact with size M owners to ask for a test ride before pulling the trigger on one.

Edited by RomP

So as mentioned, Barry and Richard (brothers, partners in Pyga) that side of the world, 

chat to him, he should be able to arrange demo/trial option.

other option is talk to Hilton and get some names of owners in your area you can phone.

otherwise, jump in car for some great coffee and get through to Grant Usher (Arrange with him before) to come through and see if he can organise a demo/trial option, but honestly he's most likely to phone Barry or Richard also.

G

Thanks all. Have hopefully done all my homework. Have spoken to Pyga already. Medium is my size just wanting to make contact with size M owners to ask for a test ride before pulling the trigger on one.

Morning gents. Are there any One Ten owners with drop posts? 

I was looking at the Lyne dropper and unsure of the option of internal or external cabling. 

I was looking at the Lyne dropper and unsure of the option of internal or external cabling. 

The newer OneTen frames came with a pre-drilled hole to install an internally routed dropper, which is located toward the bottom of the seat tube facing rearwards. There has been previous discussion on this thread about drilling the hole yourself if you have one of the earlier iterations of the frame. You can chat to the guys at Pyga about how to go about it, but here is a link to one of the first posts asking the question https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/119246-post-your-pyga/?p=2711559. The discussion about how to drill the hole yourself follows thereafter.

The newer OneTen frames came with a pre-drilled hole to install an internally routed dropper, which is located toward the bottom of the seat tube facing rearwards. There has been previous discussion on this thread about drilling the hole yourself if you have one of the earlier iterations of the frame. You can chat to the guys at Pyga about how to go about it, but here is a link to one of the first posts asking the question https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/119246-post-your-pyga/?p=2711559. The discussion about how to drill the hole yourself follows thereafter.

Ah, thank you very much. Have read that, and I'm unfortunately not a really good DIY guy at all. Will see what the sprocket & jack guys say. 

For curiosity's sake, how do I tell if the frame is a "newer frame"? I suppose just look for that pre drilled hole? 

Ah, thank you very much. Have read that, and I'm unfortunately not a really good DIY guy at all. Will see what the sprocket & jack guys say. 

For curiosity's sake, how do I tell if the frame is a "newer frame"? I suppose just look for that pre drilled hole? 

Honestly cannot be sure if there is a specific identifier on the frames aside from essentially whether or not the routing hole exists. I received a frame in early 2015 as a warranty replacement that had the routing hole already so perhaps anything prior to this didn't. But ultimately either the frame has the routing hole or it doesn't

I have a 2012 model year 110 and contacted Pyga about getting the hole for internal routing drilled into the frame. They sent me detailed instructions on how to do it, I drilled the hole myself 4 years ago and have had no issues.

I just read the post again and it said towards the bottom of the tube, will go check again. 

Is this it? 

attachicon.gifIMG_0805.jpg

Yeah, most definitely not it. The routing hole is located just beneath where the front derailleur mount is and is rearward facing. The below pic is best I can do in helping point out where to look.

post-62450-0-05139900-1598872089_thumb.jpg

post-141167-0-30693100-1599199380_thumb.jpg

Here it is. A loaner from a friend. My first dual suspension. 

Had it serviced, swapped the seat and the bars from my hardtail and looking forward to giving it a go and getting a bit more confident with my riding.