Post your Pyga

PYGA1

For the Stage Max you really want a 140mm in the front (34mm stanchions), I know the Rockshox Pike is a favorate.

Fox has a couple of 140mm At 34mm stanchions also.

G

I’ve decided to go the Stage Max route.

looking for some recommendations for a fork. R10-15k budget.

Do I go 120?

I’ve only ever ridden Rockshox so looking to try something new.

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Stage Max you really want a 140mm in the front (34mm stanchions), I know the Rockshox Pike is a favorate.

G

Oh ok lekker, thanks G!

I’ve decided to go the Stage Max route.

looking for some recommendations for a fork. R10-15k budget.

Do I go 120?

I’ve only ever ridden Rockshox so looking to try something new.

Thanks

Can get a brand new Marzochi Z2 in that budget. 34mm stanchions and you can get the agents to adjust the travel. It’s basically a fox fork, uses the exact same internals, just heavier.

The shock is different and there is a offset attachment/bush.

The Stage has 95mm travel, the Max has 120mm travel.

the frame is the same.

G

The Max has 130mm of rear travel and uses a 190 x 51 shock with the offset bush.

i converted the other way from the Max to a 'MiniMax' by downgrading to a 184 x 44 shock and using a 120mm fork.

I've run from the start what most of the guys now do,

Run a Standard Stage, with standard 95mm in the rear, but with a 120mm fork (Rockshox SID) in the front.

I'm building my MoBu very similar, will go for a more stage race setup, aka with the slacker head angle with a Rockshox Sid Select for the front, also 120mm.

G

The Max has 130mm of rear travel and uses a 190 x 51 shock with the offset bush.

i converted the other way from the Max to a 'MiniMax' by downgrading to a 184 x 44 shock and using a 120mm fork.

Yes the mini Max is what I think will suit me, I don’t know if I would ever need more with the type of riding I do.

Might be a stupid question, but can I extend my SID WC form a 100 for a 120?

Edited by Markellis

Best is to get the fork t a shop, might be that it's a 120 with spacers in that reduced it to 100mm,

but as it's a WC... probably not, it's build to be ultra light, so doubt there is a mm extra stanchion in there.

G

Yes the mini Max is what I think will suit me, I don’t know if I would ever need more with the type of riding I do.

What year is it? i have a 2014 SID World Cup that i converted to 120mm by changing the air shaft.

if it has the graduations for the 120mm travel on the sanctions then you definitely can convert it. 

I've run from the start what most of the guys now do,

Run a Standard Stage, with standard 95mm in the rear, but with a 120mm fork (Rockshox SID) in the front.

I'm building my MoBu very similar, will go for a more stage race setup, aka with the slacker head angle with a Rockshox Sid Select for the front, also 120mm.

G

i might be wrong but i don't think there is any change in geometry between using a 165x38(95mm) rear shock with the adaptor(extension) or running a 184 x 44 (120mm) other than a small amount more sag.

so i would think it could only be better to run the 120mm on the rear.

G

Just fitted an Ohlins RXF 140 to my Stage Max

Under 10k fitted. Non boost to suit my hub

Test ride tomorrow.......

Just fitted an Ohlins RXF 140 to my Stage Max

Under 10k fitted. Non boost to suit my hub

Test ride tomorrow.......

I have been looking at those as well. I’ll have to change hub but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

Will be interested to see hear your feedback.

I have another friend that switched to that unit, and loves it,

Def think Ohlins is starting to make a name for themselves... think worth while exploring.

G

I have been looking at those as well. I’ll have to change hub but that’s not a deal breaker for me.

Will be interested to see hear your feedback.

It was awesome

Still smiling

Tested it on the trails in Tokai. Rock gardens that rattled my teeth previously went almost unnoticed. A lot quicker but never felt out of control.

Fitted at the Bike Park at Uitsig. Chris Nixon set it up perfectly

It was awesome

Still smiling

Tested it on the trails in Tokai. Rock gardens that rattled my teeth previously went almost unnoticed. A lot quicker but never felt out of control.

Fitted at the Bike Park at Uitsig. Chris Nixon set it up perfectly