PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Wolfie1 said:

Hi Guys

I am now the proud owner of a new secondhand Pyga stage 110 but i need some setup advice.

Rear shock pressure for 83 KG rider please.....30% sag vibe is not currently working. 

Single track ,fairly rockey and steep climbs. These are the type of riding condition in my area.

Any advise welcome here

Thanks

Pyga stage 2022.1.jpg

pyga stage 2022.jpg

What shock do you have?

35 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

What shock do you have?

I have a RockShox rl 184 x44mm. Standard with the frame

16 minutes ago, Wolfie1 said:

I have a RockShox rl 184 x44mm. Standard with the frame

While aiming for 20%-30% is normally ideal, this doesn’t always work. Are you looking for increased or decreased bump activity? And what is your current rebound setting? 

1 minute ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

While aiming for 20%-30% is normally ideal, this doesn’t always work. Are you looking for increased or decreased bump activity? And what is your current rebound setting? 

Bump quality was good descending however a bit soft going up

30% sag 60% rebound. 

I've up the preasure to 20% this evening on the Tarr and kept the 60% rebound already a very noticible difference 

Less movement during pedal stroke. Will have to see what's my findings on the trails. Will have to do the same route to have an idea if I need more tuning. 

49 minutes ago, Wolfie1 said:

Bump quality was good descending however a bit soft going up

30% sag 60% rebound. 

I've up the preasure to 20% this evening on the Tarr and kept the 60% rebound already a very noticible difference 

Less movement during pedal stroke. Will have to see what's my findings on the trails. Will have to do the same route to have an idea if I need more tuning. 

Yeah, upping it to 20% and setting a faster rebound should sort you out. Hope you get good vibes on the trail. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 8:40 PM, Nakoota said:

Upgrade time, out with the 32 SC, in with the 2022 34 SC.

IMG_2330.JPG.407e47700330c7557b1a44c3f3095b9c.JPG

I think I saw this bike today on swartkoppies road . Had a berg & bush top on. Only realised after that it was a hubbers bike ( was Wayne’s?) was also absolutely knackered and wanted to get home . If it was your bike, damn that purple pops in the sun, beaut 👌👌

Edited by Pikey

22 hours ago, Pikey said:

I think I saw this bike today on swartkoppies road . Had a berg & bush top on. Only realised after that it was a hubbers bike ( was Wayne’s?) was also absolutely knackered and wanted to get home . If it was your bike, damn that purple pops in the sun, beaut 👌👌

:) ye that was me, had a quick blockhouse and back effort. You hit the nail on the head, I'm waiting for Wayne to realise his current nude black Pyga is *** and paint his one in primary orange with purple decals so we can have a ying yang set :) 

Edited by Nakoota

1 hour ago, Nakoota said:

:) ye that was me, had a quick blockhouse and back effort. You hit the nail on the head, I'm waiting for Wayne to realise his current nude black Pyga is *** and paint his one in primary orange with purple decals so we can have a ying yang set :) 

@Wayne pudding Mol sits plotting new colour scheme 😁

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question for Pyga Stage/Stage Maw owners.

I just bought a 150mm Lyne Dropper for a large Pyga Stage, My saddle rails are 225mm above the top of the seatpost clamp and now that I have the dropper in hand I am worried the post won't fit due to the curve on the frame.

Does anyone know the max insert depth for a dropper on the large stage? PS, I can measure with my old post but I don't want to insert the dropper with the mechanism in case I need to exchange for a 125mm.

Edited by Nakoota