Post your Pyga

PYGA1

27 minutes ago, Nakoota said:

A quick question for Pyga Stage/Stage Maw owners.

I just bought a 150mm Lyne Dropper for a large Pyga Stage, My saddle rails are 225mm above the top of the seatpost clamp and now that I have the dropper in hand I am worried the post won't fit due to the curve on the frame.

Does anyone know the max insert depth for a dropper on the large stage? PS, I can measure with my old post but I don't want to insert the dropper with the mechanism in case I need to exchange for a 125mm.

270mm

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Here is my build in progress (pictures to follow when it is done):

The specs:

- NX derailleur

- NX shifter

- NX cranks

- GX cassette

- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate

- Rockshox super deluxe

- formula cura brakes

- Lyne AMP V2 HE wheels

- Spank oozy bars

- Spank spike stem

- Spank spike 30 grips

- X fusion manic dropper

- Cane Creek headset

Probably forgetten something but here is what I can remember off the top of my head haha

Screenshot_20220628-084127_Gallery.jpg

29 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Here is my build in progress (pictures to follow when it is done):

The specs:

- NX derailleur

- NX shifter

- NX cranks

- GX cassette

- RockShox Lyrik Ultimate

- Rockshox super deluxe

- formula cura brakes

- Lyne AMP V2 HE wheels

- Spank oozy bars

- Spank spike stem

- Spank spike 30 grips

- X fusion manic dropper

- Cane Creek headset

Probably forgetten something but here is what I can remember off the top of my head haha

Screenshot_20220628-084127_Gallery.jpg

Oh goodie!! Please do keep us posted. Are those carbon seat stays or are they just painted black? 
Custom paint on the top tube? My Hyrax does not have that insignia on the top tube.

1 minute ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Oh goodie!! Please do keep us posted. Are those carbon seat stays or are they just painted black? 
Custom paint on the top tube? My Hyrax does not have that insignia on the top tube.

Yeah the seat stays are indeed carbon, my favourite part!

The insignia is actually custom stickers - the coloir changes depending on where you look at them (metallic purple to metallic blue to metallic green)

Also it has hyrax stickers but is actually a slakline now haha

7 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Yeah the seat stays are indeed carbon, my favourite part!

The insignia is actually custom stickers - the coloir changes depending on where you look at them (metallic purple to metallic blue to metallic green)

Also it has hyrax stickers but is actually a slakline now haha

Very cool. Can't wait to see the pics.

7 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Very cool. Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks Fred! I am also super keen (if not a bit impatient lol) to finish the build and see how it turns out. 

I was also wondering how progressive the rear suspension is, as I am a very light guy and my rear shock has a few tokens in it, which I think I might need to remove.

Just now, awesme said:

welcome to the famdamily.

you will love every second on that bike, and the Pyga's are jsut amazing head turners also ;)

G

Thanks, super stoked to be part of the PYGA family! They are beautiful bikes and certainly are eye-catchers (especially when the frame is raw!)

6 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Thanks, super stoked to be part of the PYGA family! They are beautiful bikes and certainly are eye-catchers (especially when the frame is raw!)

or bare black carbon, or that original blue...

saw a Pyga 120 650B and a 110 (bare All) at B&B this past wknd. I had the original 120650B :)

G

56 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

5 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Did the raw treatment myself on a different brand 2021 hardtail frame and had the holographic decals made up locally (just R184 for 2 sets at a print shop), it gets admiring looks and comments.    Great colourway, LBS guys were positively drooling when they bled the brakes for me and I’m doing the same treatment for one LBS guy’s trail HT.

Your frameset’s simply gorgeous, even more so with those carbon seat stays.

22 minutes ago, awesme said:

or bare black carbon, or that original blue...

saw a Pyga 120 650B and a 110 (bare All) at B&B this past wknd. I had the original 120650B :)

G

That is one of the reasons that I love my frame, it has both raw alu and raw carbon which looks so rad

4 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Did the raw treatment myself on a different brand 2021 hardtail frame and had the holographic decals made up locally (just R184 for 2 sets at a print shop), it gets admiring looks and comments.    Great colourway, LBS guys were positively drooling when they bled the brakes for me and I’m doing the same treatment for one LBS guy’s trail HT.

Your frameset’s simply gorgeous, even more so with those carbon seat stays.

Thanks so much Justin! I think the carbon seatstays contrast so well with the aluminium and makes it super eye-catching.

Also please can we have pictures of your hardtail, it sounds like a beauty

1 hour ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Thanks Fred! I am also super keen (if not a bit impatient lol) to finish the build and see how it turns out. 

I was also wondering how progressive the rear suspension is, as I am a very light guy and my rear shock has a few tokens in it, which I think I might need to remove.

I have the normal deluxe on my Hyrax and around 75kg, but I don't have spacers in. Running it at close to 30% sag and feels fine to me. I'm not the most aggressive rider/jumper though (for now)

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen
Clarification