Adding a remote lock out to a rock shock sid front fork

aaronxc

Hey guys so I was wondering if it would be possible to add a hydraulic lock out to my fork cause I have seen a kit on chain reaction so will it work?

I know for my Reba RLT you have to replace the motion control damping assembly to get the remote lockout functionality.

It will work, but might be difficult to install? How much weight will it add?

Edited by Berg Bok

Did anybody successfully do this upgrade yet?

I have a Rock Shox REBA RL 100mm QR Taper Steerer, will it work?

wow i like it alot i wonder it the hydraulic on will work on my fork :D and cost is the key question ???????

Just remember these lock outs only works when they want to. Rather keep is as it is.

Edit: Hydraulic prob will be fine, but those cables.... :wacko:

Edited by JanMTB

Oddly enough I have had request at my work shop to remove the remote lockout and make it a manual.

It is easy to go from non remote to remote, all you do is remove the non remote and install the remote the reverse is a more difficult option you remove the return spring and keep it safe (in case he want to go back) it is cheaper as no new damper is needed but the mech needs to know what he is doing. (Voids warranty as well)