ITB surgery

ADe

Nope! Weird that he suggested it, just let the leg heal for a week and then start using it asap :)

Its day 3 and it is still very stiff, but not that sore anymore. After how long were you able to bend your knee?

I'm booked in for tomorrow morning..hopefully put this ITB problem to rest

Its been 5 days since the op, so I could take of the bandages today. My knee is still swollen and obviously still stiff, but not that sore. It is still sore to walk and bend the knee, but it seems to be feeling better every day. It kind of feels like the ITB pain I used to get, just not as intense. I cannot wait to start training (very slowly). The dr said I should be able to cycle after about 10 days, but I am not going to rush things.

How did your op go?

Edited by ADe

• 3 weeks later...

I messed up my ITB 4 weeks ago (15km run) currently sitting at my desk with ice on my knee :thumbdown: ...

I am also getting quite close to the point of considering this op, I have been doing yoga, stretching, gym training etc etc etc and it wont heal.

Can someone recommend who i should talk to in Sandton area that will give me the right advise, does medical aid cover this surgery?

Thanks!

I messed up my ITB 4 weeks ago (15km run) currently sitting at my desk with ice on my knee :thumbdown: ...

I am also getting quite close to the point of considering this op, I have been doing yoga, stretching, gym training etc etc etc and it wont heal.

Can someone recommend who i should talk to in Sandton area that will give me the right advise, does medical aid cover this surgery?

Thanks!

Try this first?

http://www.lynosport.co.za/how-do-i-fix-my-painful-itb/

http://www.lynosport.co.za/

http://www.lynosport.co.za/lyno-therapists/

Nope! Weird that he suggested it, just let the leg heal for a week and then start using it asap :)

Its been about 4 weeks since my op and I am cycling every second day and walking on the other days. No pain while cycling (no resistance and high cadence) and I am going to attempt a 30k+ ride this weekend. It however is still sore when walking up stares and I tried to run a short distance this morning, but couldn't as it was to sore. I will go on walking for another week or so before giving the run another try.

After how long were you able to run?

• 4 weeks later...

Ive sorted my ITBs out as follows:

I went to SBR sport, sunninghill. Got my bike set up to lower strain on ITBs and have had 3 session of massage there.

The massage was the tipping point, stretching wasn't enough to solve it.

Im back to riding happily again, going to leave the running for a little while longer.