Garmin EDGE 800 Help

Stewart69uk

Apparently it was my Anti Virus blocking the file, Managed to get file downloaded and installed all good,

Now I'm onto the Birdseye maps nearly finished can't wait to take it out tomorrow at the tour de krantz

Nice :)

Some pointers from my experience

1) Don't try cram all the info panels on 1 page, it's too small to read at a glance, have a main page with speed,distance and heart rate (Or whatever), put all the other crap on the next page.

2) Use the auto-stop start feature. Nothing worse than forgetting to start it and losing out a huge portion of your ride.

3) You can quickly swap out info panels by pushing and holding on one of them, then selecting new info field. eg. You want you speed to be replaced by distance, touch the screen to wake it up, push and hold the speed panel, then swap it to distance :)

I'm sure there's loads more but those were important for me.

Oh yes, and when you done riding, take your heart rate strap off! The sweat closes the circuit and the heart rate strap continues to transmit info, you can save days of battery life by not being lazy and taking it off as soon as you are done riding :)

Thanks for the advice

Have to admit it is brilliant looking at the results on Garmin connect

I did the tour de krantz which was meant to be 25 km, my Garmin said I'd only done 23.3km dunno if Garmin is accurate of if course is accurate ?