Best deal you ever got on the hub???***

Niel1

Hi fellow hubbers.

How about you give us a few of your best deals that you got on the hub?

Would be interresting to see what lucky deals some guys got! hehe

Cherz

Bought a Omega Euro Edition aluminum bicycle with 9 sp Ultegra groupset, Ksyrium SSC SL wheels, Fizik Arione saddle, Pazzaz Carbon fork, seatpost and handlebars for the princely sum of R2500.00. Sold my old Daccordi Mitico for R1500.00, so my "new" bike only cost me R1000.00. Served me well for a good couple of years until the frame broke.

Edited by Wannabe

Personally this is the downside of selling stuff on thehub. Bargain hunters.

Me - I'm a fair price kinda guy - the seller and buyer must both walk away feeling like they had a good deal.

90% of the stuff I advertise here gets a few "hey I know you want R10,000 for the wheels but I'm like lank poor and can only afford 50 bucks - let me know if you're keen" style responses. Then a few weeks later they post a pic of the Pina Dogma with the new intergated carbon stem/bar they bought.

Drives me mal.

Personally this is the downside of selling stuff on thehub. Bargain hunters.

Me - I'm a fair price kinda guy - the seller and buyer must both walk away feeling like they had a good deal.

90% of the stuff I advertise here gets a few "hey I know you want R10,000 for the wheels but I'm like lank poor and can only afford 50 bucks - let me know if you're keen" style responses. Then a few weeks later they post a pic of the Pina Dogma with the new intergated carbon stem/bar they bought.

Drives me mal.

Yeah and also I like to pass a bargain on. With the above mentioned Fox deal I paid less than advertised, so the Reba I sold I also lowered the price, to be fair. Win-Win.

I gave somebody a great deal the other day - 2011 Reba RLT with remote lockout. One scratch. Just serviced, max 1,000km on the fork (half on the road)

gave it away for R 2,500. Then I got a bargain on a Revelation to replace it. R3k. Brand new.

Have also had "mate's rates" for a couple of things, but that's hardly fair to divulge as a "bargain"