Cell C Sux

Mojoman

I keep an emergency phone on my bike and yesterday when I needed it I discovered my service had been 'lost'. There is still R30 airtime on it and I last used it about two weeks ago. Pathetic service from an equally pathetic company...

So if you have a phone you just use for the bike make sure it works!

I also have an emergency phone but have one of those R30 Cell C 99c per minute contracts. Fortunately I've never had to use it.

Damn it, I was just about to take out a new 2 year contract on the 99c/min deal this week.

So Cell C is not worth it?

Damn it, I was just about to take out a new 2 year contract on the 99c/min deal this week.

Prehaps on contract but certainly not on prepaid (but never again from me!). Apparently they shut down the service after a month if you do not recharge, even if you have a positive balance? Does anyone know about this?

Prehaps on contract but certainly not on prepaid (but never again from me!). Apparently they shut down the service after a month if you do not recharge, even if you have a positive balance? Does anyone know about this?

I was going to go buy a pre-paid sim today to test their network coverage out.

Vodacom does the same thing, had R50 prepaid on my emergency bike phone, the other day it's not working anymore! Don't think it was 1 month, but they do deactivate it after a while of being dormant!

Cell-C has got the best network coverage these days, seems like this was just a network coverage issue. I have no doubt that today Cell-C is the superior.

Cell-C has got the best network coverage these days, seems like this was just a network coverage issue. I have no doubt that today Cell-C is the superior.

Thats kind of good to hear, anyone else confirm this? I've just read that they go live with 3g coverage very, very soon Edited by Caerus

I doubt that is the case, afaik their network footprint is still way smaller than the big two. Could be that you were close to a base station

Show me any cellphone operator company in South Africa that is worth it?

Show me any cellphone operator company in South Africa that is worth it?

I agree they are all sharks & thieveing bastards. Maybe we need to stage a protest. I just don't know how they continue to get away with it, now with the data they are raping people.

Cell C = cheapest deals around

They are indeed, by a loooooooooong shot. I still can't understand how Vodascum & MTN have not come tried to better or match their pricing.

They are indeed, by a loooooooooong shot. I still can't understand how Vodascum & MTN have not come tried to better or match their pricing.

They are not really cheaper on contract, and they seem to cookie cut you into 100sms, 100megs, 100mins airtime - not cool, flexible prices works out cheaper .