Where do moutain bikes go when they die?

supavan

Now stop singing that Nirvana song in your head and see if you can help.

What happens to you MTB framw when you total it and the insurance replaces said frame?

The reason I ask is that I am looking for some bits and bobs off of a GT Sensor 9R Pro (2012) frame.

I'm looking for the pivot bearing caps and pivot link arm. They are blue on the 9R Pro.

Yes I know it's a needle in a haystack thing but maybe someone has knowledge of said needles.

See the the red arrows in the image below

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10955341/Capture.PNG

What happens to you MTB framw when you total it and the insurance replaces said frame?

I would like to think it goes to Mtb heaven ... but if the insurance gets hold of the old & broken stuff, it gets destroyed since they don't want it to make its way back into circulation. Or so I have been told but I have never seen a mbt "slagpale" :(

I know that in my brothers shop they had a cracked carbon frame that was a warranty replacement. They had to cut off the bb and the head tube and send them back to the agents to get the replacement frame! Its to make sure that the dead frame can't be ressurected.

I know that in my brothers shop they had a cracked carbon frame that was a warranty replacement. They had to cut off the bb and the head tube and send them back to the agents to get the replacement frame! Its to make sure that the dead frame can't be ressurected.

Yip. Also confirms the serial number.

Bad bikes when they die, go to a place where they are serviced by Cajees mechanics day and night....forever.

*education on*

serial number is usually where ?

Flip you bike over, the serial number is normally at the bottom bracket somewhere.

Like so:

post-4352-0-13224300-1345665691.jpg

or stamped into the frame:

post-4352-0-27890200-1345665692.jpg

where do back folks go when they die.... they dont goto heaven where the angels fly......

where do back folks go when they die.... they dont goto heaven where the angels fly......

go to a lake of fire and fry - see you again till the fourth of july?

Contact Omnico, Many of the warranty frames are warehoused in Cape Town and eventually taken for scrap recycling.

Contact them maybe they can help out or point you in the right direction.