The prettiest girl on the hub part deux...

Eldron

Had same problem and tensioner was at same angle as yours. Solved by shortening chain, bringing tensioner into more horizontal position, thus engaging a few more teeth. Hasn't skipped once since. Happy Days.

tx im gonna give that a try.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the (almost) final product...

EyeCandy still wants a white seat clamp and that &^%$^#%$#^&*&^$@%$# Spank Tweet Tweet chain is jumping like a kitten on a hot stove.

Please tell me where I can get one of those bottle cap holder top caps and bar end plugs...

Please tell me where I can get one of those bottle cap holder top caps and bar end plugs...

Its a Niner top cap. I think Dangle has some in his shop. I've seen them at Epic for those of you in the cape..

Failing that contact Coolheat in JHB 011 608 2003 - they are the Niner agent.

Its true - EyeCandy and I are total Ninerphiles! There are 4 in the bike room now...

PEDAL DAMNIT!

Its a Niner top cap. I think Dangle has some in his shop. I've seen them at Epic for those of you in the cape..

Failing that contact Coolheat in JHB 011 608 2003 - they are the Niner agent.

Its true - EyeCandy and I are total Ninerphiles! There are 4 in the bike room now...

PEDAL DAMNIT!

Cheers, thank.

Had same problem and tensioner was at same angle as yours. Solved by shortening chain, bringing tensioner into more horizontal position, thus engaging a few more teeth. Hasn't skipped once since. Happy Days.

You sir are THE MAN! For two reasons:

1) The extra wrap around worked a treat - no more jumping!

2) I had to remove a few half links to get the tensioner angle right and managed to get rid of the tensioner completely with a 20 sprocket (that Eyecandy will use at SSWC)

Herewith one IOU valied for Smarties or beer - your choice.

Here she is in her final glory and ready for SSWC! At 9.8kg she's pretty light too.

Bring on the beer swilling.

post-2412-0-02681400-1347696807.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2) I had to remove a few half links to get the tensioner angle right and managed to get rid of the tensioner completely with a 20 sprocket (that Eyecandy will use at SSWC)

I'll be collecting that beer IOU at SSWC thank you :thumbup:

Here she is in her final glory and ready for SSWC! At 9.8kg she's pretty light too.

Bring on the beer swilling.

Sweet ride.