What is wrong with you people

Baster Brak

I dont get it, the World Championship for Veterans and Masters have just concluded in PMB, a number of South Africans have in the last few days been crowned as World Champions in the respective catagories, actually I am going to go as far as to state that this country has never had so many world champions at the same time, and what bogles my mind is the lack of press and or interest.

I have not seen any news coverage celebrating any of our countries achievements, and for the hub, there seems to be more interest in some little w@nker who is crying about having to pay R30 for a number board, what's wrong with you people and CSA, this was the ideal oppertunity to get some serious media milage for our sport and to really gain some goodwill and respect and hopefully grow the sport for us all, from VSA and the orginisers, how, how can you people let this brilliant oppertunity to promote the sport slip so badly, and for you hubbers, get your effen heads out your effen arses and start promoting the sport and our local riders achievements instaed of crying like a bunch of babies about the Bishops parents parking in the cycling lane, came on people, catch a wake up, we all need to buzz about the sport to get it to grow, the more people hear about our new world champs, the more people will start to respect the average rider out there and the more lenient the tanie in her car is gonna be,

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS LACK OF COVERAGE AND BUZZING IS SAD AND AGAIN JUST REFLECTS THE SAD STATE OF OUR SHELFISH SOCIETY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? This community does not give a toss about other peoples achievements...........all they can do is friggen whine like teenage girls blah blah blah!!!!

I've got a feeling this is going to turn into a popcorn thread.

although in a way I feel what the OP it trying to get at, for a cycling forum, allot of other **** gets quite a bit more attention then cycling related stuff.

but then again this is "thehub" which is quite an interesting place to say the least.

I dont get it, the World Championship for Veterans and Masters have just concluded in PMB, a number of South Africans have in the last few days been crowned as World Champions in the respective catagories, actually I am going to go as far as to state that this country has never had so many world champions at the same time, and what bogles my mind is the lack of press and or interest.

I have not seen any news coverage celebrating any of our countries achievements, and for the hub, there seems to be more interest in some little w@nker who is crying about having to pay R30 for a number board, what's wrong with you people and CSA, this was the ideal oppertunity to get some serious media milage for our sport and to really gain some goodwill and respect and hopefully grow the sport for us all, from VSA and the orginisers, how, how can you people let this brilliant oppertunity to promote the sport slip so badly, and for you hubbers, get your effen heads out your effen arses and start promoting the sport and our local riders achievements instaed of crying like a bunch of babies about the Bishops parents parking in the cycling lane, came on people, catch a wake up, we all need to buzz about the sport to get it to grow, the more people hear about our new world champs, the more people will start to respect the average rider out there and the more lenient the tanie in her car is gonna be,

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS LACK OF COVERAGE AND BUZZING IS SAD AND AGAIN JUST REFLECTS THE SAD STATE OF OUR SHELFISH SOCIETY

Cycling only gets into the news if there is a probability of doping... :oops:

I see what you trying to say and it's all good. Don't know if the hubbers can really help that much. If you want you want the media to get involved in this sport then you should involve politics in your sport or get a little quota numbers wrong then the sport can get into the media.

There are a lot of good initiatives around here on the hub where people are trying to give bicycles and kit to the less fortunate which does help grow the sport

Lastly if people park in the cycling lanes and cyclist are forced to use the road there will be more accidents, so if the cycling lanes can actually be used for cycling the sport would grow more

Edited by fabes

If it's not rugby, cricket or soccer, it never happened is SA.

Oh so true.

Recently S.A. has produced World Champions in the shooting sports, but also absolutely no media coverage.

The problem is that the event is a "Vets" event. It's not really sport that the SA media cover. Much like Vets football, Vets rugby and vets cricket. Who are the Rugby World Veterans Champions? See? No one cares.

Media cover elite sports and they covered SA's BMX, MTB and Road cycling at the Olympic with aplomb.

On a weekend of big rugby and football, verterans racing in the small hamlet of Pietermaritzburg will never make headlines, let alone 3 inches in a newspaper.

Maybe, instead of moaning, why don't you post the results here so that us mere hublings will actually know more about it. As you said, there has been no media coverage, so how are we supposed to know what happended?

Maybe, instead of moaning, why don't you post the results here so that us mere hublings will actually know more about it. As you said, there has been no media coverage, so how are we supposed to know what happended?

Ha, Ha, Yeah, I was pretty much going to say the same, to be honest I dint know about it either, but calling people names and suggesting they have their "heads up........".wont do your cause any good either, maybe a quite little nod to who won and where would have provoked an interested debate, but right now, you've lost me.!

So Baster Brak - what did you do to promote this event on the Hub and in the media? What have you done do promote respect and goodwill for the sport? What have you done to promote our local riders achievements?