Craddle pot holes!!!!

triathlete101

As some may know that there has been two pot holes just outside Toadburry Hall and yesterday our group for the second time in a month witnessed yet another VERY bad accident involving two cyclists coming down and unfortunitly this time the man was fatal and passed away, the first accident there were three cyclist that came down badly one with a broken colar bone, a younster with concussion and various other injuries and the third had bad roasties. Who knows how many other falls have happen, so today we took it upon ourselves to go out and fix it, bag of tar and some spray paint and we were done in 15mins...

Just so sad that some one had to loose thier lives over such a small thing and that JHB council/road agency couldn't be bothered to fix the roads, VIVA DIY!!!!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196005_10151346549984186_1065524075_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/554712_10151346553449186_266354758_n.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome attitude. Well done guys

Just out of interest how much does a bag of tar cost and where could you buy it

Great news when the cycling world has had some bad news.

But one thing. Those potholes are in the middle of the lane, almost a metre OUTSIDE the cycling lane. Strange that cyclists shoud be inconvenienced by them.

Great news when the cycling world has had some bad news.

But one thing. Those potholes are in the middle of the lane, almost a metre OUTSIDE the cycling lane. Strange that cyclists shoud be inconvenienced by them.

Well spotted and good point......

Fixing potholes on a public road is highly commendable, no doubt about that, but is it legal? Someone once told me that if you do something like this on a public road, and there is an accident resulting from your repair, you can be held liable. Apparently only the roads dept is allowed to do repairs, and despite the fact that we know they sit on their backsides while cyclists get injured and killed, I don't think that changes the liability issue.

If what I heard is true, by posting this here, with photo's, you are providing proof of what you did to a very big audience. It could come back to bite you.

Fixing potholes on a public road is highly commendable, no doubt about that, but is it legal? Someone once told me that if you do something like this on a public road, and there is an accident resulting from your repair, you can be held liable. Apparently only the roads dept is allowed to do repairs, and despite the fact that we know they sit on their backsides while cyclists get injured and killed, I don't think that changes the liability issue.

If what I heard is true, by posting this here, with photo's, you are providing proof of what you did to a very big audience. It could come back to bite you.

I am not clued up on the laws of this but surely the pothole left uncovered is more dangerous than one covered up.

I also don't think anything will happen to the roads department with yesterday's accident so I don't see how they can hold someone liable for an accident resulting from a pothole that was repaired

Man, there are just so many rights and wrongs here at the same time its frightening. RIP fellow cyclist.

I am very impressed, well done.

If there is liability for unsanctioned repairs to road, surely the municipality is liable for the complete disregard of their responsibility where grievous bodily harm and death has been the result. Someone must be held accountable for this.

Man, there are just so many rights and wrongs here at the same time its frightening. RIP fellow cyclist.

To be sure, reading my post again, let me add that goodwill trumps all else in my mind.

To be sure, reading my post again, let me add that goodwill trumps all else in my mind.

Exactly

The cyclist who died was Ed Latheron from club 100,RIP,he lost he's life because of a stupid pothole.