My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget that when they pregnant they are also hormonally suicidal .

Be warned

I think you mean 'hormonally HOMICIDAL'?!

My wife supports my cycling with all her heart. Once a week I get a cycling related gift, and for birthdays and Christmas I usually get a new bike, one that has S-Works written on the down tube. She gets up in the morning with me to see me off on my early morning ride, after she makes me coffee. She even switchs my Garmin on so that I can get a signal before I hit the road. She mixes my energy drinks, and before a race she even pins my number on.....and all I can do is talk sh*t!

My wife supports my cycling with all her heart. Once a week I get a cycling related gift, and for birthdays and Christmas I usually get a new bike, one that has S-Works written on the down tube. She gets up in the morning with me to see me off on my early morning ride, after she makes me coffee. She even switchs my Garmin on so that I can get a signal before I hit the road. She mixes my energy drinks, and before a race she even pins my number on.....and all I can do is talk sh*t!

You lucky so 'n' so; ...

I have so many mates in the same position , wife bitching .

Never understood it.

I must have the best wife on earth , she supports me fully ( even the days I don't feel like getting up to ride I get a kick in the side and get told to HTFU ) and even buys my cycling stuff, pulls through to all the races , camps out at the stage races ect. last weekend I get back from my rides to lunch

. Not the best wife in the world, there are a couple of them, I too am blessed with

A full support wife'!!!!! Packs my stuff makes the bottles, freezes the camel back,organize everything for me, you just need to find the right one!!!

Jeez hang on to her :clap:

Simple solution to this.

Buy them a copy of 50 Shades of Grey and they wont notice you are gone.

Ps. 3 books in the series.

:clap:

W@nna-Be, I hate your cycling too. Hold your damn line!

Actually, I hate my cycling too. Not fast enough. Not far enough. Bum gets sore too soon.

Ok , try this .

It's a win win for both of you . I got two kids too and my wife as I said gives my no crap about riding , I been doing it for 25 odd years and we been together for 9 odd.

Ride early mornings in the week , and on weekends do the same , but tell her that she needs her " me time too" so when you get back from riding she must go out with mates for tea, shopping something to have her own time/ hobbies ect , then when she is back its your time with her.

Take her to dinner , movie out to flea markets something to break the routine of you riding coming home and then some .

Make her feel special as she is letting you ride and you appreciate it , show her this .

Also get her involved in a hobby she likes and then support it 100 % .

I agree been married 14 years feels longer :eek: and had some complaining in early years of cycling but now is ok except if is family gathering (then i try do early and short ride ) she likes to sleep longer it suits me as in summers days i am back by 9 and she is still in bed.

I tell kids that they mustn't go on our bedroom (they are 8) until mom is awake .

As to try you help you should take her to race and tell her that she can check all hot bods there( because we do that too :w00t: )

Also helps that i do not mind going out with girls or whatever reason.

Takes a lot work in marriage on both sides sometimes you want to kill each other .

Now this oke has it sorted ...

gallery_8285_374_5912.jpg

Problem for him is that she is the SA MTB champion and he is not ... well, he is in cross country, but not for marathons.

I feel sorry for their kids ... what if the poor child hates cycling !!!!

• 7 years later...

As support for this fred Im gonna do a 80km night ride tonight!

Be careful with those night rides everyone. I was doing the same, 80k night rides, up until to 11th June this year. A boar hit me when I was doing 52km/h.

Three broken ribs, broken arm, road rush all over. I am lucky I survived with no permanent damage.

As I can't ride during the night anymore and my wife hates when I ride during the day, I will probably have to give it up.

Riding early in the morning is the same - boars all over everywhere.

Be careful with those night rides everyone. I was doing the same, 80k night rides, up until to 11th June this year. A boar hit me when I was doing 52km/h.

Three broken ribs, broken arm, road rush all over. I am lucky I survived with no permanent damage.

As I can't ride during the night anymore and my wife hates when I ride during the day, I will probably have to give it up.

Riding early in the morning is the same - boars all over everywhere.

Holy thread revival boarman!!!!