W@nna-BE

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Hubbers

anyone have the same issue as me!

my wife hates my cycling! she is always complaining when i want to ride and its really impacting on my training!

she has actually made me feel guilty for wanting to ride!

guess i am going to have to start do the 4;30am rides story sad.png

Shame man, give her some time, but NEVER, back off your cycling

Pre back trouble and when we lived in Cape St Francis and surfed every day, I didn't need to be told to relax

Rant mode enabled

Tony and I surfed in the reserve on the weekend. Tony being tony immediately puts his drone in the air. Some plonker comes over and gets all antsy about it. 

(useless surfer bum accent) Aye bruu. we like to keep this spot on the down low please keep your footage off social media.

HELLLOOOOOO!!! IT'S 2020. Ever heard of google earth? And..... Erm..... Blackrocks is not a secret spot. I've surfed in Indo and I've done MANY trips to j-bay (my folks retired there) and kzn and I get subjected to localism in my home fkin town. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I get this all the time, you ride too much... you never at home...

So taking a short break, this morning I was asked why I didnt go out riding, like wtf, they are confused. Guess the weekend will be a good one on the roads :clap:

I think all these guys whose wife/girlfriend tell them to go cycle/surf/run or whatever need to make sure there is no visits happening from the neighbor or melkman...  :ph34r:  

When she gets a 2nd cellphone "for emergencies" you need to get a lawyer.

I think all these guys whose wife/girlfriend tell them to go cycle/surf/run or whatever need to make sure there is no visits happening from the neighbor or melkman...  :ph34r:  

The ones worrying about the milkman or neighbour should take a moment to think about why they are so insecure in their relationships in the first place  :P  :lol:

Simply put, i told the wifey she allowed me to get a bike she cannot complain if i want to ride and its free to ride so she has to deal.

I also posed the question to her about her hair straightener and she told me im ridiculous so i told her that her argument is invalid as the same goes for my bike, she needs to straighten her hair and i need to ride lol

once a month you can swop toys - you can straighten your hair and she can ride your bike 

Dis 'n Vlakvark demmit!

Agg a Vlakvark is nothing, a Bosvark on the other hand I won't take a chance with, those buggers are agro. But it was probably a bosvark as they are nocturnal whereas I think a vlakvark is pretty dormant at night.

Rant mode enabled

Tony and I surfed in the reserve on the weekend. Tony being tony immediately puts his drone in the air. Some plonker comes over and gets all antsy about it. 

(useless surfer bum accent) Aye bruu. we like to keep this spot on the down low please keep your footage off social media.

HELLLOOOOOO!!! IT'S 2020. Ever heard of google earth? And..... Erm..... Blackrocks is not a secret spot. I've surfed in Indo and I've done MANY trips to j-bay (my folks retired there) and kzn and I get subjected to localism in my home fkin town. 

I also find it weird how localism is still a thing. There's so many websites that would describe to you in detail, exactly how to find certain spots. When you should go. Which conditions will work. With directions, instructions and even tips on where to park. From like hundreds of countries. 

Thinking back I was probably one of those guys. Young. Stupid. Following a senseless trend of defending my home break. But I wanted to surf 'other peoples' spots too. Sigh. You know a couple years back there was some surf article showing off Elands Bay. I was so upset at the time. But in hindsight I remember meeting a brazilian there. He came so far for a few solid lefts. Thinking back I thought that was pretty cool. Meeting him in the water. He worked as a farmer. Avocados. And he found his way to this this little remote fishing town on the west coast of South Africa. 

Before I derail this thread by too much. I do have a wife story I can throw in. A friend of mine was involved in this youth outreach program called Palama Metsi. Talking years back now. They had teamed up with a backpackers lodge over in Ebay. My buddy was like: Hey, If you want you could stay there for free this weekend. Conditions looked lekker and I sell it to the wife as our romantic getaway. She agrees. Now if you don't surf. Ebay has very little to offer you. And she was not impressed with the accommodation either. Communal kitchen type setup. There wasn't a microwave never mind wifi. At least we had our own room. Romantic it was not though. Those walls were paper thin and she was like nuh uh mister. I surfed some clean 4 footers the next morning and we drove home. 

I don't get the localism thing either. Sure on the North Shore or J Bay where if you don't know your stuff it can be very dangerous and potentially fatal.

Anyways. My other half looooves Elands. We've been up there 3 times together and I've scored every time.

My ex wife was not that keen on the beach towards the end of our time together. But to be fair she did spend many an afternoon sitting in a car at Witsands with only the baboons for company. Poor girl.

Rant mode enabled

Yooh I've been tuned be a 12yo laitie to F%# off at our (secret) surf spot I've been surfing for nearly 20 years, and before me my dad for 30 years. To be fair, I haven't been in the water for over a year, but still! 

Yooh I've been tuned be a 12yo laitie to F%# off at our (secret) surf spot I've been surfing for nearly 20 years, and before me my dad for 30 years. To be fair, I haven't been in the water for over a year, but still! 

Good thing the salt water makes the snot loose for the klap.

Rant mode enabled

Black rocks is about as secret as kommetjie....

Must have been quite fun with the super south swell. I can imagine Platboom was a bit sizey and it  might not have been big enough for Buffels point to run......

Ah.... the reserve. 

Where you get lambasted by some dude for arriving with 3 of your mates for 'bringing a crowd'......