Training vs Genetics

Chubba

I can assure all of ou who are worrying about leg length that this is NOT a limiting factor in general endurance cycling - just take a look at Panatani for example - a very poor physical specimen with all sorts of physical problems BUT an enormous aerobic capacity. Bottom line is that aerobic fitness is ALWAYS the limiting factor in endurance cycling performance. Improve your capacity and you will ride faster in all areas. It may feel like your leg strength is sometimes a factor, but this is simply due to lactic acid build up as a result of your threshold being crossed. Raise your fitness - raise your threshold - ride faster. Sorry but you simply have to train at the correct intensity - at the right time.

How do you work this out?

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm283/djsyda/holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

ive been trawling!

I think your mental state is the deciding factor. If you believe you can be a world class cyclist, AND putt in the effort towards your goal then you will achieve it.

Physical factors will determine your strong/weak points on different terrain.

A person with natural talent may get there quicker, but I think the guy thats focused and mentally strong will be just as good or even better in the end.

Its all in the mind