Edgemead Training Group - 5am

ccc2

We meet at the BP Service Station, Letchworth Drive, Edgemead every Tuesday & Thursday morning and we leave at 5.00am sharp as there are some riders who need to be back by 6.30am.

distance is about 45 kms and we always make it back by about 6.25

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great ride this a.m. looks like we will be peaking for the maximum amount of daylight hours soon.

• 4 weeks later...

yes, yes , yes. 1st one for 2013. we split into 2 groups immediately. 1 for the Elite (some of these riders finished consistently in top 10 of league) and then the older toppies. good workout on our 9 k circuit.

good turnout for the perde eiland dash, keith joined us for the 1st time all the way from oranjezicht. we had a steady 35kph down to p eiland into the s'easter then flew very low to big bay. lots of riders on the path. thru & off back to edge into the south easter. nice ride with little traffic. hit a little icy bubble as we approached blouberg - hhmmm - if it was solid i would have eaten it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

although we had a few die hards riding throughout the cold months , we have now started in earnest again.

some of our elite riders have entered the real world and now only train when their jobs allow it. this means that the pace is more manageable for the average rider.

we meet at the Edgemead BP in Letchworth Drive and LEAVE at 5am to be back at 6.30am. every Tuesday & Thursday.

the distance is about 45 kms.

we ride on the road even though there is a cycle path. with the S'easter blowing a bunch of 10 along at a good click means that oncoming traffic, joggers, pedestrians,poles and intersections would jepodise (spelling) the safety of our bunch and other users.

we obey traffic lights.

• 1 month later...

Great ride this morning - the group split into 2 as we hit Koeberg road up to then we averaged 40 kph thru the suburbs. the faster ones with work committments took off. the other group worked thru and off to horse island and all the way to big bay.

fast group returned to Edgemead at an average of ±33kph and the slower group at an average of ±31 kph.