SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!HELP

Trailman

Watch out for a guy going by the name of Banson Mathews. He made enquiries about a bike that I was selling from Cape Town and he was in JHB. He requested bank details after many sms's, emails and even spoke to me three times on the phone. I sent bank details and he emailed and sms'd confirmation of payment and I wrapped the bike in a box ready for collection. He provided an address in Johannesburg and asked me to send the bike.

I just had a bad feeling about things, somehow something just didn't feel right and I contacted him stating that I had sent the bike but money hadn't cleared my account fortunately I hadn't sent the bike yet and he is still waiting. He stated that he would check with his bank and come back to me yesterday, I am still waiting.

I would like firstly to warn other would be sellers of this scam artist and also if anyone has any advice as to what can be done to put a stop to this guys antics and teach him a lesson. I have included his contact details below and would be very happy to set up a so called delivery via the courier company but am in Cape Town if there is someone who would be prepared to step in to confront this guy on my behalf in the name of HUB justice and integrity I would be most grateful.

I am happy to get the police involved but as he is in Jhb and I am in Cpt this is a bit complicated and time is of the essence. If anyone is willing to assist in this regard either to teach this guy a lesson, provide advice or knows of reliable police guys up there that will act on my behalf I would be most grateful.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY

BANSON MATHEWS

Cell: 0767967485

Address: 15a Panoramic heights, Upper Houghton, Killarney

I can be reached on 0827838388.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ordering 10 x Pizza's and sending it to

5a Panoramic heights, Upper Houghton, Killarney

Why?? Are the people staying there hungry or in any way connected to Banson Mathews?

Not sure that there is even such a place a Panoramic Heights in Johannesburg. A useful thing i have always found is to google the Address that in most cases gives you a very good clue as to weather the deal is legit or not.

Not sure that there is even such a place a Panoramic Heights in Johannesburg. A useful thing i have always found is to google the Address that in most cases gives you a very good clue as to weather the deal is legit or not.

Excellent advise

Another scammer. Hubland becoming like Gumtree. Remember, a payment notification is not money that has cleared. Always compare your available balance to stated balance and pending credits. I dont post anything until money has cleared. I would rather miss out on a deal than lose my stuff to a low life parasite.

Hey I don't want them to enjoy it!

You sure you want to make that statement? Read your statement nicely.

Did you try get hold of him again? Banks often take a few working days to transfer inter-bank... Maybe you should try get hold of him just in case its not a scam

I'm not saying its all fine, but the last thing you want is for the cash to arrive in your account and you have defamed him on a public forum... that could turn out to be a bit ugly

Also maybe check with telephone directories for a Banson Mathews and see if the address is legit (use Telkom white pages)

Edited by Paulst12

Escapee its 15a not 5a but add extra chilli and garlic so the bastard suffers.
i like extra chilli and garlic on my pizza... maybe some avo aswell :drool: