22 September is World Rhino Day and now you too can make a difference!

Matt

Over 300 Rhinos have been poached in SA in 2012 (1/9/2012). Scary!

On 22 September, like-minded people and organisations world-wide will host events and shows and a variety of other creative initiatives to raise Rhino awareness.

So if you are not Sky Diving for Rhino’s, walking for Rhino’s or just wanting to save Private Rhinos – jump on your bike and come and Race for the Rhinos.

ccs-2-0-47452700-1346754548.jpg

A day that any mountain biker can help the Rhinos in South Africa and make people aware of the dire situation the rhino’s find themselves in. A portion of the proceeds of the Race the Rhino will go to the Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) and the

Renosterveld Trust. Renosterveld Trust works towards protecting the endangered habitat, the Renosterveld, today a mere 4% of it left.

Durbanville Hills is presenting its first annual Race the Rhino at van Gaalen MTB Track, Magaliesberg. Van Gaalen is situated at the foot of the Magaliesberg mountains on the banks of the Skeerpoort river. Race the Rhino will offer you a short and long mtb route, entertainment, playground for the kids, lunch and a prize giving. Riders can book their lunch and Durbanville Hills wines online when they enter. The restaurant will also offer a variety of great meals and drinks!

Rhinofields Durbanville Hill Wines will be on sale and there will be an “Auction” area where you can purchase art, wine, Rhino literature and much more – all in aid of our Rhinos!

RACE INFO

Date: Saturday 22 September 2012

Venue: Van Gaalen, Skeerpoort, Gauteng

Distance 1: 50 km at 9:00 (R120)

Distance 2: 15 km at 9:30 (R60)

Register online on www.ridetherhino.co.za or http://www.cyclespor...ills-race-rhino

Renosterveld Events also presents the annual Resolution Health Ride the Rhino, a 3-day stage race in the Western Cape from 5 – 7 October 2012.

Click here to view the article

Hello hubber,

Just reminding you all not to miss out on this race. its gonna be an awesome one at one of our favourite venues in Gauteng/North West.