Tyler Hamilton book available in Kindle store

jcza

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I *still* couldn't find a buy link on Amazon.com (kept saying it's not available) even though today is meant to be release day, so I searched on the Kindle itself, and it allowed me to buy. Just in case anyone else has the same hassle.

I *still* couldn't find a buy link on Amazon.com (kept saying it's not available) even though today is meant to be release day, so I searched on the Kindle itself, and it allowed me to buy. Just in case anyone else has the same hassle.

Pre ordered through Amazon with their "One Click" button and it popped up on my kindle yesterday.

It's a good read. Not sure how much is true but I am enjoying it anyway.

Pre ordered through Amazon with their "One Click" button and it popped up on my kindle yesterday.

It's a good read. Not sure how much is true but I am enjoying it anyway.

Yeah,Okay,...... I also downloaded the sample on my Kindle to have a lookie see, I have to say I am not an avid reader of cycling books and when I read this bit of hype I nearly put it away and forgot about it, "Then the man who could tolerate any pain, suddenly looked as if he was going to start crying, not from pain but relief, it just feels so good to talk truthfully about this, finally, I feel like a dam is bursting inside of me, I cant tell you how fantastic it feels, like I am doing the right thing for the sport.!"

Hmmmm, :wacko: I dont like that sort of flowery propaganda in a book usually, but maybe I'll download it today and read it, it looks like an easy book to read, two days easy reading maybe?

Yeah,Okay,...... I also downloaded the sample on my Kindle to have a lookie see, I have to say I am not an avid reader of cycling books and when I read this bit of hype I nearly put it away and forgot about it, "Then the man who could tolerate any pain, suddenly looked as if he was going to start crying, not from pain but relief, it just feels so good to talk truthfully about this, finally, I feel like a dam is bursting inside of me, I cant tell you how fantastic it feels, like I am doing the right thing for the sport.!"

Hmmmm, :wacko: I dont like that sort of flowery propaganda in a book usually, but maybe I'll download it today and read it, it looks like an easy book to read, two days easy reading maybe?

Easy reading GOG, two days no problem.

Don't epect A Thousand Years of Solitude, this isn't Booker material.

It is fun, however, for someone like me who hasn't been immersed in the road cycling culture for long to learn about Riis, Hincapie and the others during those years.

You have to get past Hamilton's bloated sense of worth and conviction that he had no choice but in the end its worth it.

It is fun, however, for someone like me who hasn't been immersed in the road cycling culture for long to learn about Riis, Hincapie and the others during those years.

You have to get past Hamilton's bloated sense of worth and conviction that he had no choice but in the end its worth it.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I've found it so far. Got it yesterday, but work and family duties mean I'm only about halfway through. Good read so far overall.

Yeah, I sort of got that feeling just from the initial sample I downloaded, like you I am not that keen on cycling books, much of a muchness to me really, but, against all odds, my curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded it last night :D I'll tackle it over the weekend and see how it go's. We can compare notes Monday. :lol:

Yeah, I sort of got that feeling just from the initial sample I downloaded, like you I am not that keen on cycling books, much of a muchness to me really, but, against all odds, my curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded it last night :D I'll tackle it over the weekend and see how it go's. We can compare notes Monday. :lol:

I knew you would cave.

Curiosity killed the GOG!

Yeah, that's pretty much how I've found it so far. Got it yesterday, but work and family duties mean I'm only about halfway through. Good read so far overall.

Same here....

Ag, I'm enjoying it. I do think he's breaking some huge trusts with mates and colleagues and making the most of it financially, but there is an aspect of getting it all out for the sport's sake. And I enjoy that it's parallel to the stories I've read about before. Same races, same actors, just a different view with the hidden side of it.

Also, these guys have all testified under oath. There's not that much reason to hide the truth. Other riders put their opinions in here and there, so I assume more than one person has decided it's time to talk. I expect if the USDA story hadn't started the process, this might not have come out.

It may be even more fun if you have been immersed, to be honest. to have some confirmation that what we were seeing (and suspecting), might actually have been true. I rememebr some of the races he speaks of vividly, especially some of the earlier ones when they were first starting out with USP, and many questions are being answered satisfactorily.

For me the biggest stamp of approval the accuracy of the book has, so far, is that I haven't heard of a single one of the named people in the book trying to sue Hamilton or Coyle, or try to have the book stopped - remember LA has done this before with Walsh. That he is not doing so this time, speaks volumes. Or maybe he has just given up...

Just finished it 10 minutes ago. About to take a bath, then go for a wet pre-dawn ride to clear my head. Will share some thoughts about it later. For now, two words: a worthy read. My fist foray into e-books, but am going to order a hard copy. It belongs in any decent cycling book library.

*okay, that was three words...

Edited by Tumbleweed

I found it quite similar to Paul kimmages "rough ride". Maybe a little more explosive as it names and shames current riders.

Fascinating read.

Would recommend for anyone who thinks cycling is even clean today

Just finished it 10 minutes ago. About to take a bath, then go for a wet pre-dawn ride to clear my head. Will share some thoughts about it later. For now, two words: a worthy read. My fist foray into e-books, but am going to order a hard copy. It belongs in any decent cycling book library.

*okay, that was three words...

Hmm yeah, I have about three chapters left now, will finish it later, very easy reading, a "no need to think" type book, but I didnt like the persona Hamilton came across as, strange I know, but I sort of took a dislike to him early on and it just got worse, to me anyway, he came across as very self righteous, probably not everyone's view I know, but thats how I pictured him.

Not sure I learnt anything new, but so far I have enjoyed it, its the kind of book I would have liked to read on a lounger beside the pool on a hot summer weekend with some nuts and a beer - only problem was its been pretty cold and raining so I have been stuck in my study with the heater on. :D