Karoo to Coast

JGR

I got a max of 80.4 on my gps. Sounds about right. We had no traffic so it was flat out on the downhills

Nice ride there bra.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top speeds on the gravel down hills? I clocked 62km/hr but im sure there were some bigger units than me that must have gone faster

On gravel 41.51kph.

Was that on the tar bit at the end? if you hit those gravel roads at 80 you have my respect!

not that the 3h30 didt give you that already!

I'm with you on this. My max was 58.4 km/h and that was probably on simola decent

I'm with you on this. My max was 58.4 km/h and that was probably on simola decent

when you weigh 96 its not hard getting to that speeds, but how the elites do it amaze me, my top speed on gravel is 85km

Unfortunately my Laptop has got the Gremlins. Very curious to see where I registered my top speed. Got a feeling it was on that gravel section after waterpoint 2. That was one very exhilerating downhill, and plenty fast in some of those sweeping sections.

Was that on the tar bit at the end? if you hit those gravel roads at 80 you have my respect!

not that the 3h30 didt give you that already!

on the gravel... long downhill after the 2nd climb. I weigh nothing so I can brake very late into a corner. Also a bit of a power slide helps sometimes

when you weigh 96 its not hard getting to that speeds, but how the elites do it amaze me, my top speed on gravel is 85km

I only weight 68 and probably couldnt even get that on a long tar road ....

Ditto, also clocked 78km/h. And I almost hit that photographer around that corner.

Must say, I'm mightily impressed with the Juicy Three brakes I have on my bike. I was hurtling down the descends, trying to keep up with two old and very seasoned BMX riders. Late braking into corners was in the order of the day, but my brakes never failed, faded or wavered. So the people who say Juicy Three's is crap, I will definately differ from you.

Hey thanx for the lekker TITS ou boet

Will ride with anyday

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

on the gravel... long downhill after the 2nd climb. I weigh nothing so I can brake very late into a corner. Also a bit of a power slide helps sometimes

Respect! seeing the piles of riders at the bottom of the each hill was enough not to see the true capabilities of my brakes in action

I hit a 62.7km/h. I weigh a mere 60kg tho. Need to build some muscle to get more speed I guess

I hit a 62.7km/h. I weigh a mere 60kg tho. Need to build some muscle to get more speed I guess

My buddies always joke and call me the dragonfly, drag myself up the hill to fly down the other side, races are won on the uphills though, Id rather take your 60kg's

I weigh about 79 or 80 or something, and I clock 80-90km/h down Contermans Kloof. You should give it a go

I weigh about 79 or 80 or something, and I clock 80-90km/h down Contermans Kloof. You should give it a go

Do they call it that cause of the ou's that try to clock those speeds....but didn't stay on????

will be my first K2C & this report was lank funny.

This was my first Karoo to Coast and I can vouch for all that was said, save that they now appear to have sorted the cross referencing with your name and race number. I did the Trans Baviaans 5 weeks earlier and very little training since. Mistake! Do not underestimate any MTB in SA and especially not this one. Lots of climbs, although never particularly steep, but they keep coming. Oh yes, the old wagon trail had been graded not too long ago it seems. Lots of loose gravel, but the surface is fair. The rest of the route is very good gravel road, no water crossings and lovely surroundings, if you can manage to appreciate the scenery. I'll be back next year, prepared this time!

Do they call it that cause of the ou's that try to clock those speeds....but didn't stay on????

Haha! I actually have no idea where the name comes from :whistling:

Improved my time by just over an hour from last year, so I'm chuffed.

Did anyone else almost hit a photographer standing in the middle of the road on a corner coming down the (I think) second climb? What a dumbass...

When i went past him there was an oldish guy lying behind him who obviously tried to dodge him and must have hit his head on those boulders that was lining the cliff, the guy looked quite bad,

Speedwise i had a top speed of 80.4kmh going down simola and hit 68/69 three times during the downhills. Im so shait at climbing i need to go balls to the wall on the downs.