Karoo to Coast

JGR

On gravel 41.51kph.

I see you still haven't conquered that downhill speed fear thing you have ;)

(I know I am going to pay for this comment come DC time)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my first K2C on Sunday. Just over 6 hours! Respect to all the guys and gals with the sub 4 time! The final nail in my coffin was the Simola (hope spelling is OK?) hill at the end! But....I'll be back next year! Awesome ride and the atmosphere was great.

One thing I took home was, that here in the Free State we have no hills.... and the local "koppie" is not a HILL! Next year my preperation MUST include hills..... and one last thing.... the silly idea of converting my current 3x10 to 2x10 flew out of the window on my way back.... I BONDED with my granny!

I see you still haven't conquered that downhill speed fear thing you have ;)

(I know I am going to pay for this comment come DC time)

Pfft, at least I rode down all the hills this year.

Did my first K2C on Sunday. Just over 6 hours! Respect to all the guys and gals with the sub 4 time! The final nail in my coffin was the Simola (hope spelling is OK?) hill at the end! But....I'll be back next year! Awesome ride and the atmosphere was great.

One thing I took home was, that here in the Free State we have no hills.... and the local "koppie" is not a HILL! Next year my preperation MUST include hills..... and one last thing.... the silly idea of converting my current 3x10 to 2x10 flew out of the window on my way back.... I BONDED with my granny!

Yip, me and my Granny are now best of friends...ever since 2011 K2C...

Yip, me and my Granny are now best of friends...ever since 2011 K2C...

Last year i had an intimate relationship with my granny and i was kind of stressing about my 2x10 setup and if im going to come out alive, bettered my prev time by about an hour. 3x10 is so last season :D

My FD broke just after ou wapad. Had some middle ring and not all the big gears. Did two climbs like that and the legs felt the strain. Had to stop and do a backyard mechanic job to get it going again, but by then the damage was done. So my first k2c dealt me a few blows, but next year I tell you..........NEXT YEAR!

Anybody know anything about the 2nd incedent at the K2C besides the Fellow rider who passed from Haertattack at top of Simola?

Thoughts and condolances do go out to their families.

Anybody know anything about the 2nd incedent at the K2C besides the Fellow rider who passed from Haertattack at top of Simola?

Have only seen reports of the chap ontop of simola, i suspect the other one they are talking about is the guy who crashed at the photographer.

as far as I know the guy was hit by a car, was unconscious for a long while but are OK with broken face bones etc

Edited by Mr.E

as far as I know the guy was hit by a car, was unconscious for a long while but are OK with broken face bones etc

Eina Bliksem, hope he wasn,t doing the crazy speeds some of these hubbers are speaking about when he hit the car....

My dad operated an oke in the private hospital on Sunday afternoon who fell going down down Simola (I happened to pass him when he was getting attention), and he was hurt quite bad. And I assumed he was going at a crazy speed, seeing as he said he has done 3 or what K2C's, completed the Epic, etc.

I weigh about 79 or 80 or something, and I clock 80-90km/h down Contermans Kloof. You should give it a go

Weighting 80 or Contermans kloof :whistling:

Weighting 80 or Contermans kloof :whistling:

Haha, maybe try and see if you can get to 80 :whistling:

There must be a KFC nearby?

any guesses on next years date? not making the mistake of leaving the booking for too long next year, saw too many people pitching late, getting cold, sore backs, etc,

My garmin says max of 82,5km/h & I only weigh 69kg

On gravel - i think thats the fastest so far