Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

Surely you know if you made it.You have been a naughty boy!

I never said I made any of them. :blink:

A friend of mine helped make some of them. (The ones that use Titanium).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's from an heirloom piece passed down from who knows when, it is perfectly okay to have it adapted, no?

e

You cannot sell it.All trade is banned

Saw a few Okapi's in this thread. My old man told me that there was a rumour way back when that the SA government had a plan to poison the blades because it was primarily used by the native population.

Probably not true but for some reason I still won't touch one :whistling:

I never said I made any of them. :blink:

A friend of mine helped make some of them. (The ones that use Titanium).

Sorry

I was under the impression that he helped you make some of them.

My small Swiss Army knife, the one with a corkscrew and beer bottle opener (also has a knife.. I think!) is permanently attached to my car keyring! But this knife is always in pristine condition as it is always in nearly new condition... reason being is I always forget to remove it on air trips so gets consficated! ;-( Those Sh*ts at the airport are getting rich off our forgetfulness....

Yep - that is actually the ultimate knife, but probably not so much anymore with screw cap wine bottles. I've also donated a couple to the airport. Burns my ass.

Opinel is all lore and no substance. It is made from very hard steel, carbon steel, and the entire blade is uniformly hardened, which means the tip breaks off easily. It is very difficult to get an edge on these and in my experience an edge doesn't keep on it either. It's a bit of a French thing, either you like their stuff and put up with the quirks, or you hate it. Me, I'll rather not have a Citroen, thank you.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd argue about it being hard to get an edge on them - I just use a grind wheel thing I was recommended at Sharper Edge which leaves a lethal edge. I've learned to keep it locked shut in my pocket after nearly losing a thumb. I rate that carbon steel way better than stainless for an edge. I do think it flexes too much when you really lean on it tho.

But it's light, and I hate heavy things in my pockets, so I'll happily live with it's quirks.

Edited by davetapson

Reviving an old thread.

Does anybody have any experience with a Damascus

stell bladed knofe?

Keen to get one but want to know if it is worth the extra

money over a normal steel knife?

Stay away from Damascus steel unless you buy the very good good stuff.

The cheaper steel blends are pretty weak and don't hold a edge at all.

You can't go wrong with Spyderco.great blades

Edited by gummibear

You cannot sell it.All trade is banned

Does that mean that I am also not allowed to sell old reconditioned pianos with ivory keys?

Maybe, maybe not. I'd argue about it being hard to get an edge on them - I just use a grind wheel thing I was recommended at Sharper Edge which leaves a lethal edge. I've learned to keep it locked shut in my pocket after nearly losing a thumb. I rate that carbon steel way better than stainless for an edge. I do think it flexes too much when you really lean on it tho.

But it's light, and I hate heavy things in my pockets, so I'll happily live with it's quirks.

I agree that low alloy medium and high carbon steel holds a faaar better edge than stainless.....but ....you get steel and you get steel and unfortunately Opinel is not one of them.

Does that mean that I am also not allowed to sell old reconditioned pianos with ivory keys?

I give up.....

I have this CRKT pocket knife - M16-14LE

post-7170-0-81443200-1408102137_thumb.jpg

post-7170-0-52178500-1408102140_thumb.jpg

And this Ka-Bar is not a pocket knife, but this is surely one of the strongest knives I have ever seen, used by the Marines during WWII. I love the leather grip. Unfortunately I am not allowed to carry that in my pocket so it rarely sees the outside of the house.

post-7170-0-21589300-1408102139_thumb.jpg

all you ninjas here made me think about that scene in crocodile dundee,,,,,," thats not a knife, this is a knife"

and some clever hubber will post it for me in ,,,,,,,