Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

A little family belief (just in interest)

With a new knife we believe that one should cut oneself, so that the knife can taste the blood. Otherwise the knife will stay "wild" and cause more serious injuries to its owner.

Sacrificing a little blood to the blade, it becomes tame.

my parents believe that a knife should never be given as a gift, as it will cut the relationship. Do they believe in giving a few cents back, essentially buying the knife.

Whenever I get a new helmet, I drop it on a carpet. Just to get the first bump put of the way. So I can't exactly claim the high ground on superstitions.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little family belief (just in interest)

With a new knife we believe that one should cut oneself, so that the knife can taste the blood. Otherwise the knife will stay "wild" and cause more serious injuries to its owner.

Sacrificing a little blood to the blade, it becomes tame.

And it also tames the owner...;). My newest Opinel bit me a sh*t shot because I didn’t lock the blade......

Pretty cool knife this for the price.

Opening is very smooth and quick.Scales are a little soft and flimsy but I don’t see it breaking easily though.

Really comfortable in my hand and doesn’t slip at all.[emoji106][emoji106]56827c8877f5c51e9e58bb771f9a75d4.jpg

3a30703b68a0789d1e29f9f75b1392b9.jpg

dacd42e3180b7f13e89b2871751442d0.jpg

cc742863005590e3e541770f0e015a02.jpg

Pretty cool knife this for the price.

Opening is very smooth and quick.Scales are a little soft and flimsy but I don’t see it breaking easily though.

Really comfortable in my hand and doesn’t slip at all.[emoji106][emoji106]56827c8877f5c51e9e58bb771f9a75d4.jpg

3a30703b68a0789d1e29f9f75b1392b9.jpg

dacd42e3180b7f13e89b2871751442d0.jpg

cc742863005590e3e541770f0e015a02.jpg

Looks a bit like a Spyderco knock-off though......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The wife bought me a Kershaw that looked like this one (Just with a brushed vs black steel) for my 21st birthday. I lost it on the day we moved in together.

So I have asked her nicely that for my 42nd birthday she would buy me another one again ..... 2 years and two weeks to go and I get my "knife back"

EDIT: pic added

I Have 20 knives that are not being used, taking up space and collecting dust. I Would like to sell them all as a package but will consider individual sales as well. There are 6 Kershaw's, 3 Spyderco's, 3 Puma's and a couple more. Some are new and have never been used and the the ones that were used are in excellent condition. If anyone is interested please do not respond to me on this Topic/Thread. Please contact me by phone or PM.   

post-5403-0-14556900-1544012439_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Hairy

Is this thread still alive?

I'm contemplating whether or not I should get a one of these knives. I've just started collecting Hot Wheels, so I'm not sure if I should be starting another collection.

On a side note, as far as an emergency blade goes, I have a Minora type flat blade that I keep (Still in it's paper wrapping) in my wallet and then also in between my cell phone and it's cover. 

A useful and sharp little blade to have on hand in an emergency.....and no one will know if you have one on you either.

On a side note, as far as an emergency blade goes, I have a Minora type flat blade that I keep (Still in it's paper wrapping) in my wallet and then also in between my cell phone and it's cover. 

A useful and sharp little blade to have on hand in an emergency.....and no one will know if you have one on you either.

I hope you don't fly much!

fortunately not much anymore ... but will be taking it out and keeping the blades in my luggage when travelling in the new year.

I hope you don't fly much!

in between my cell phone and it's cover. 

Used to do that but nicked myself to often.I have a small knife on me 90%of the time now anyway.

Was using the Emmerson designed Kershaw tanto easy opener as my ride knife for a few years

post-41145-0-68014800-1544015065_thumb.png

Just picked up the Honey Badger and much much happier with it for that role, lighter, more comfortable, quicker to open and a more versatile blade to use for other things

post-41145-0-25254900-1544015077_thumb.jpg