BridgeCycles - disgrace

MariusL

So a good mate of mine, who rides an awesome Spez... takes his bike to Bridge for a pre-race service... and rear-wheel re-spoke

Get his bike back with all the titanium bolts, top of the range rotors, cassette and titanium skewers "replaced" with entry level parts...

When asking what the h3ll is up, they insist this is how the bike came to them... the owner ignores him and walks away... after my mate flips his lid, they agree to have a look at their CCtv footage... low and behold they somehow see that his bike did come in with the expensive parts...

They quickly have a walk to the workshop and come back with a package containing all his "missing" parts...

To make things worse, his first ride results in a his (re-spoked) real wheel breaking, and one expensive Roval rim now being in two parts... Bridges response: "you should have tested the wheel first"... and that would have stopped it breaking how??? Spez says it's not a warrantee claim (understandable to some degree), and Bridge doesn't want to come to the party...

Disgusting!!! I haven't bought anything from BridgeCycles in years... and they definitely won't see me any time soon... if ever.

edit: typo

Edited by MariusL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy, just plain ridiculous!

So, you now have to take pictures of you and your bike, while holding a newspaper to show the date, standing in the bikeshop, before you hand it over?

I went into Bridge the first time in 8 years a few weeks ago. I was quickly reminded why I only went there once 8 years ago. I stood around for ages before I sought someone out to help me. Just ignored.

In this brief visit I also found their prices to be higher than what I have been seeing in other shops around Cape Town.

By way of example, a set of KCNC water cage seat post mount brackets were R220, Olympic were R205, some PD530 pedals R80 more than at Olympic, a XT FD R120 more than both Olympic and Cyclelab.

And now this apparent "lifting" of parts. Not worth going down De Waal Rd.

First time I went to Bridge it was still Bridge Superette. You could buy your bread , milk, dog food and a new Bmx tire all at the same time. Now they have literally hundreds of bikes in there but its still corner cafe service.

So this mechanic actually thought he'll get away with this (lol).....WTF next!!!!

Come on Bridge, wake up.

This is not the Bridge Cycles I know, I know you cant just pop in because they are quite busy but not because anyone isnt willing to help

Anyway they'll have to watch themselves this can spread like wild fire

I use the shop in Hout bay, small but quite personalised and pretty good prices

So a good mate of mine, who rides an awesome Spez... takes his bike to Bridge for a pre-race service... and rear-wheel re-spoke

Get his bike back with all the titanium bolts, top of the range rotors, cassette and titanium skewers "replaced" with entry level parts...

When asking what the h3ll is up, they insist this is how the bike came to them... the owner ignores him and walks away... after my mate flips his lid, they agree to have a look at their CCtv footage... low and behold they somehow see that his bike did come in with the expensive parts...

They quickly have a walk to the workshop and come back with a package containing all his "missing" parts...

To make things worse, his first ride results in a his (re-spoked) real wheel breaking, and one expensive Roval rim now being in two parts... Bridges response: "you should have tested the wheel first"... and that would have stopped it breaking how??? Spez says it's not a warrantee claim (understandable to some degree), and Bridge doesn't want to come to the party...

Disgusting!!! I haven't bought anything from BridgeCycles in years... and they definitely won't see me any time soon... if ever.

edit: typo

Did they fit his original parts in store again or did they just send him home with his goods in a used shopping packet?

Absolutely disgusting ...I think shops like these should be reported to the distributors of the brands that they sell! Enough complaints and they might lose that preferred supplier status ..so they better put systems in place to prevent this from happening again ..!

They owe him a wheel.

I always get good discount there.....but i only have one mechanic who EVER works on my bike and that is Lourens Calitz @ Cycle Centre in Edward str, he is a master wheelbuilder and really good!

Absolutely disgusting ...I think shops like these should be reported to the distributors of the brands that they sell! Enough complaints and they might lose that preferred supplier status ..so they better put systems in place to prevent this from happening again ..!

+1