Does this look like ride damage to you?

Tumbleweed

My son found his bike in a broken state in his dorm at school. He doesn't know if someone took it for a ride without his permission and crashed or whether it was just vandalised. Leaning towards the latter. He sent this pic. It's not great.

post-1604-0-90401100-1347857445.jpg

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had some, and seen some, amazing crashes in my time. Never seen that happen to a rear wheel. IM(not so?)HO that is not crash damage.

But at least there doesn't appear to be a broom stick mentioned. Yet. Boarding schools. Shocking places.

Edited by CarbonDual29er

Have broken some spokes in my time but they have never bent outwards like that!

In the lock-up. Am so bummed, because he won't be able to bring back the bike on the next bus. He suspects the matrics who were off school for a bit.

I've had some, and seen some, amazing crashes in my time. Never seen that happen to a rear wheel. IM(not so?)HO that is not crash damage.

But at least there doesn't appear to be a broom stick mentioned. Yet. Boarding schools. Shocking places.

Hahahaha! Yeah, if it was Hogwarts, they could just magic it fixed.

Have broken some spokes in my time but they have never bent outwards like that!

The suspicious thing is that my son's mate's bike was similarly damaged. :cursing:

It looks more like negligence. Look how dirty that hub is... it's like the spokes wanted to run away!

But on a serious note... looks like joyride where the perp didn't know how to shift properly and sent the RD into the spokes

It looks more like negligence. Look how dirty that hub is... it's like the spokes wanted to run away!

But on a serious note... looks like joyride where the perp didn't know how to shift properly and sent the RD into the spokes

Hahahaha! Hey, it's muddy in the Midlands.

That spoke looks like it was forced in. There is no way that is riding damage.... especially if you mention his friends bike was damaged in the same way.

What a bunch of chops those kids are!

TW that is confirmation that there are still parents that ship their kids off to boarding school to get rid of them, as they cannot handle them. There are thugs (not you Thug) all over our society.

Edited by CAAD4