Stellenbosch (R44-Cloetesville)

Hearts*

Hi Guys,

Was their a bike jacking that took place Saturday morning? As I went up towards Cloetesville I saw a guy walking down fully kitted in cycling clothes and shoes on his cell phone. When I got to the top by Cloetesville I saw a gathering of locals...

Just asking because I use this road instead of passing Kayamandi on my own, I always thought Cloetesville was a safer option.

Thanks for any feedabck

I've had a couple of guys try to snatch my phone when riding up past Cloetesville at around 10 in the morning. Never had an issue on the Kayamandi side.

I now give ALL pedestrians a wide berth.

I've been chased on the incline leaving Matieland before. Got away, just just.

There are a few gangsters there looking for ways to make some money.

Think it is now time to replace the Pepper Spray with my CZ83. Luckily it is small enough to carry whilst cycling, just worried as to what the sweat will do to it.

I've done that route multiple times, but always in a group.

Never felt threatened.

Might have to gear up with some pepper spray, though...

Think it is now time to replace the Pepper Spray with my CZ83. Luckily it is small enough to carry whilst cycling, just worried as to what the sweat will do to it.

Get a baby Glock. LOL!

As I went towards Kanonkop I saw this lone guy cycling on his S-Works deep dish wheels towards Cloetesville, I don't think these crimes are reported or communicated or cyclists are just plain ignorant.

a couple of years ago, i was attacked on the uphill there by cloetesville. 2 guys jumped in front of me and held a knife to my neck until i gave up my bike and cellphone. luckily a local saw everything and told the police who they were. ironically those exact 2 guys were released on bail 3 days before the incident for armed robery (even the police new them well). got my bike back but they "never" took my cellphone.