Breedts Nek Group Ride - Saturday 29 September 2012

Nancy Drew

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keen to get a long ride in (around 80km). I'll be staying at Mountain Sanctuary Park. If I can get going really early, maybe I can get to the start on time and ride back with the 68km group. It's probably 5-6km from Mountain Sanctuary park to the Spaza shop, so that makes it 40km to the start. I'll have to be up at sparrows!

Does anyone know if there's a more direct route from MSP over Breedts nek without going all the way down then up again? Isn't this what happens in the Magalies monster? Or does that also go over other private normally inaccessible private land?

Is it possible to have the contact number of someone who is riding tomorrow (not for stalking purposes :w00t: ) but in case we have a problem getting there or get lost etc? :whistling:

I'll PM everyone that is attending my cell phone number in a while :thumbup:

I'm keen to get a long ride in (around 80km). I'll be staying at Mountain Sanctuary Park. If I can get going really early, maybe I can get to the start on time and ride back with the 68km group. It's probably 5-6km from Mountain Sanctuary park to the Spaza shop, so that makes it 40km to the start. I'll have to be up at sparrows!

Does anyone know if there's a more direct route from MSP over Breedts nek without going all the way down then up again? Isn't this what happens in the Magalies monster? Or does that also go over other private normally inaccessible private land?

beanz, there is unfortunately no more direct route - believe me, I have tried :wacko:

every other route would traverse private property

From Mountain Sanctuary it's roughly 36kms to where we'll be starting, at my pace (slow), that's about 2h15m..... so if you left at 6h00 and assuming you're faster than me (most people are), you'd get at least 3/4's of the way to the start before running into us.

Hope to see you

Updated list.

Please don't forget our cause:

http://www.fora.org.za/

There are lots of hungry cats and dogs out there, your bag/tin of cat/dog food will be appreciated. There'll be a box of some sort for you to drop your donation into when you arrive

they seem to be having issues with their website today, but you can also google Friends of Rescued Animals for more info on what they're about

beanz, there is unfortunately no more direct route - believe me, I have tried :wacko:

every other route would traverse private property

From Mountain Sanctuary it's roughly 36kms to where we'll be starting, at my pace (slow), that's about 2h15m..... so if you left at 6h00 and assuming you're faster than me (most people are), you'd get at least 3/4's of the way to the start before running into us.

Hope to see you

Thanks Nancy.

Im horrified of getting lost, why don’t we meet at the Hendrik Potgieter/n14 sasol garage and drive there together?

Im horrified of getting lost, why don’t we meet at the Hendrik Potgieter/n14 sasol garage and drive there together?

Here's a link to a map with directions..... I hope it works

https://maps.google.co.za/maps?saddr=N14&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=-25.886562,27.619629&spn=0.022278,0.038581&sll=-25.87104,27.628341&sspn=0.02228,0.038581&geocode=FXZVcv4dyKuoAQ%3BFRg_df4dlIGlAQ&oq=hekpoort&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=15&z=15