Speacialized camber Comp 29 2012 v Giant anthem x1 29 2012

Stevief

Does anyone have a spez camber comp?? I can get a good deal on a new one or perhaps get an anthem x for roughly the same price , im aware that the Spez Epic and stumpy are awesome bikes but have no clue on what type of machine the camber is. Any hubbers have one it has a carbon frame and ally triangle??

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Camber as mentioned above...but have never ridden the Giant so I am probably seriously biased.

The suspension is very good - I have found myself bombing down stupid stuff and afterwards looking back and wondering what I was thinking of - it just gives you that level of confidence...I will update this status from hospital!! For long periods in the saddle I also found it very comfortable - at my pace I often land up doing 3-4 hour rides and I have found that I don't get the shoulder and neck pain I used to...old age isn't nice (no wisdom and a failing body!!). On the tight stuff I have not noticed any slow down in speed, and on the more open stuff it really is in a league of its own. The hubs work very well - I can 'out coast' guys on bikes that cost substantially more than mine. Acceleration - it is the closest to a hard tail that I have ever experienced. The tyres suck - change them asap. I have had 2 sidewalls go already - new tyres on order.

I can't make comparisons, but I can say this is an exceptionally nice bike!!

ok

I have the Camber as mentioned above...but have never ridden the Giant so I am probably seriously biased.

The suspension is very good - I have found myself bombing down stupid stuff and afterwards looking back and wondering what I was thinking of - it just gives you that level of confidence...I will update this status from hospital!! For long periods in the saddle I also found it very comfortable - at my pace I often land up doing 3-4 hour rides and I have found that I don't get the shoulder and neck pain I used to...old age isn't nice (no wisdom and a failing body!!). On the tight stuff I have not noticed any slow down in speed, and on the more open stuff it really is in a league of its own. The hubs work very well - I can 'out coast' guys on bikes that cost substantially more than mine. Acceleration - it is the closest to a hard tail that I have ever experienced. The tyres suck - change them asap. I have had 2 sidewalls go already - new tyres on order.

I can't make comparisons, but I can say this is an exceptionally nice bike!!

Cool thanks for that i am considering getting a carbon camber comp 2012 or an alloy epic 2013 price is similair.

Hmm maybe have to go for the camber as i do lots of hectic trail riding but i need to be able to climb

I read a tweet from Burry a while back - something along the lines of 'if you want to race hard, go for the epic, if you want have fun, go for the camber'.