Spruit ride from Mugg & Bean Witkoppen

W1Z@RD

Hi guys,

Keen to extend my Spruit ride. Currently I ride from Bryanston but would like to start from Witkoppen all the way to Emmerentia

Is it possible to ride all the way from there? Or do you have to get off Spruit and back on?

Edited by W1Z@RD

The easiest thing to do is to cross over William Nicol and go a few blocks up republic road and join the spruit from there.

Or you can cross over William Nicol and get back on the spruit directly across the road, but then you've got a river portage.

I'm a bit confused.

Do you currently ride from Bryanston to Emmerentia? Because Bryanston down the Spruit to Witkoppen is trail all the way along the river and through the river at one point.

It's a few years since I became a Durbanistani again, but I recall from my years on the Spruit that you accessed it next to the Cape Dutch style office park (buildings were yellow) just over the river down Witkoppen from the M&B. Brave folk used to ride from Centurion side through to Emmerentia too. Pavement stretch from William Nicol along Replublic was preferable to muddy option.

Its possible to Spruit all the way from M&B to Emmarentia and back. 40km in total.

Love doing it.

Are you talking about the M&B in Paulshof? Opposite Fritz Pienaar?

I'm a bit confused.

Do you currently ride from Bryanston to Emmerentia? Because Bryanston down the Spruit to Witkoppen is trail all the way along the river and through the river at one point.

Yeah,

just want to extend and start further North. I cross river at the mo.

I see it is possible ;)

Yeah,

just want to extend and start further North. I cross river at the mo.

I see it is possible ;)

Cool. Yeah. Easy to follow the trail then.

So how far north do you want to go? We have gone all the way to Harties from Emmerentia before...

Cool. Yeah. Easy to follow the trail then.

So how far north do you want to go? We have gone all the way to Harties from Emmerentia before...

Wanna start at M&B and go south to Emmerentia.... WOW so you can go quite far North as well then.... sounds like an adventure awaits ;)