Silverback Alpine 2

mviljoen

Hi Guys,

Perhaps someone coulc lend me some advice. I am looking to buy a 26inch MTB for my wife and I, and am considering the Silverback Alpine 2. We are both roadies, and looking to get into MTB.

Would anyone reccomend the bike. The components seem decent. I can get them form R5500, which is not bad?

Any advice?

cheers,

Marius

Silverback Alpine is very good value for money if your budget is around R5k. Had a similar specced 2011 Alpine model and did many happy km's on it without problems before I upgraded.

The only thing that really was not great is the entry-level Suntour shock which is kind of crappy imo, but for R5k you are not going to get great shocks on a bike unless you buy second hand.

Edited by Skubarra

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Perhaps someone coulc lend me some advice. I am looking to buy a 26inch MTB for my wife and I, and am considering the Silverback Alpine 2. We are both roadies, and looking to get into MTB.

Would anyone reccomend the bike. The components seem decent. I can get them form R5500, which is not bad?

Any advice?

cheers,

Marius

I had one and loved it. It did what it had to do without breaking the bank.

It was then stolne, so someone must like it enough to want to "borrow" it permanently.

:drool:

J