[Event] LORD OF THE CHAIN RINGS 2012 3 Day MTB Stage Race

DirtBag

Event Name: LORD OF THE CHAIN RINGS 2012 3 Day MTB Stage Race

When: 15 November 2012 - 17 November 2012

Where: Hogsback, Eastern Cape

Category: MTB

ENTRY FEE:

Included in the Full Team entry fee of R 7,800-00 is: Entry into the race for the two entrants, 4 nights full hotel accommodation and all meals, quality race tops and a goodie bag with some very indigenous goodies (sorry, no magic mushrooms till after the race!! :-) ) - Accommodation will be provided by the Hogsback Inn Hotel, The Edge & Nutwoods Park. If you want the above entry and want to stay in the Arminel Hotel, there is an additional R400 booking charge.

There is a budget entry fee of R 4,200-00 which includes: Entry into the race for the two entrants, lunch every race day supplied by Spur, quality race tops and a goodie bag (same as above).

This year we are introducing an exciting new Dormitory Entry Option. This entry option costs R 5,800-00 per team of 2 and gives you: Entry into the race for the two entrants, 4 nights dormitory style accommodation at Hobbiton-on-Hogsback including all meals, quality race tops and a goodie bag(same as above goody bags). And do not worry, each person gets his own double-bunk, so no sleeping under your team mates smelly socks!

Then there is the Family Weekend entry fee of R 13,600.00 which includes: Entry into the race for the two entrants, 4 nights full hotel accommodation in one of the Arminel family chalets and all meals for 2 entrants, 2 partners and up to 4 kids(under 8 yrs), quality race tops and a goodie bag with some very indigenous goodies.

The 4 nights and meals are from dinner on Wednesday evening 14 November till breakfast on Sunday morning 18 November

Go to Event Page

Edited by DirtBag

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE DOING THE COURSE FOR THIS RACE !!

I try changing the course every year , and so far its been easy ...... there is just so much riding in this area .

So im out riding stage 2 onthe weekend , trying to link up to the amatola basin i discover a sweet 3km single track running along the river

built by my friends the nguni cattle . STIHL have to clean it a bit . The riders are going to love it !

A word of warning again , Hogsback is not flat . Do your hill training .

Will keep you updated ,

CM

currently, there are only 20 team entries still available. :thumbup:

The Arminel Hotel is full, but there are still a few spots in VERY nice hotels.....(some even closer to the start finish area)

will be posting a link soon to a list of other accommodation spots in Hogsback that you can book yourselves in if you take the budget entry option.

We have had a few requests from riders with no friends to ride the race as

singles .

We will consider taking theese entries , but there wont be any prizes or official catagory for single riders.

We will assist them to hook up with new mates for the next year :w00t:

We have had a few requests from riders with no friends to ride the race as

singles .

We will consider taking theese entries , but there wont be any prizes or official catagory for single riders.

We will assist them to hook up with new mates for the next year :w00t:

What would the costs be for a single entry?

What would the costs be for a single entry?

half the team entry

R2100 BUDGET. R3900 HOTEL plus 400 single supplement

R2900 DORM OPTION

Hay Guys

There have been a couple unfortunate cancellations :huh:

So that means there are a few new spots available with full accommodation again!! :clap:

I rode stage 1 with Captain Morgan at the weekend. Awesome. Thats one mean hill. Rideable, but a killer.

I rode stage 1 with Captain Morgan at the weekend. Awesome. Thats one mean hill. Rideable, but a killer.

Does crankcase alley still feature in the LOTCR route?

Hay SwissVan!!

Long time no hear!!

Crankcase alley may.....or.....maynot be in Stage 3......ph34r.png

Are you coming to ride the LotCR again this year?

BRAND SPANKING new stage 1 this year.....never been raced before......dr Fick'n'Evil has been scouting BIGTIME!!

Exciting News!!!

We have just gotten sponsorship from Old Mutual to have a brand new race category!! clap.gif

So we are going to have prizes and leaders jerseys for the MASTERS CATEGORY!!

Masters = Combined age of 100years and up for the team.