Custom paint jobs

The Ghost

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is finding a great artist to do the works.

I was searching for a street/graphiti artist to do a custom on my old Inbred SS, but ended up selling her before doing anything to her.

I know such an artist, but street/ grafitti artists arent necessarily good with the airbrush etc.... although, this guy I know is....

I know such an artist, but street/ grafitti artists arent necessarily good with the airbrush etc.... although, this guy I know is....

So are you going to be doing something?

That bike I wanted to play with though is long gone.

The following bikes don't belong to me (I wish they did, especially the pretty rare Trek SlopeStyle (1st pic).

But here are some of Brandon Semenuk's bikes. The Ticket jump bike has a paint effect that makes it look like bear furr

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb8680616/p5pb8680616.jpg

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8439874/p4pb8439874.jpg

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb8389183/p5pb8389183.jpg

Hi Richard, I have a custom paint job on my Giant Anthem circa 2009, black with flames on the head and some more on the rear tri.

I'll not advise a paint job rather powder coat (much more durable), but then you can't get the cool detail on...it blew a whole lot of new life into a beat up looking frame. Anyhow, my 2c's

I'll not advise a paint job rather powder coat (much more durable), but then you can't get the cool detail on...

Does the paint chip too much, cant it be covered with a clear lacquer of some sort?

The problem is finding a great artist to do the works.

This is an airbrush of Natalie Dutoit done by my guy.

post-30294-0-19346600-1349098275_thumb.jpg

This is an airbrush of Natalie Dutoit done by my guy.

Hope you are merely illustrating his amazing potential as an artist, not sure if you get a Natalie portrait on your MTB will fly well with.................................well anybody actually.

Hi Richard, I have a custom paint job on my Giant Anthem circa 2009, black with flames on the head and some more on the rear tri.

I'll not advise a paint job rather powder coat (much more durable), but then you can't get the cool detail on...it blew a whole lot of new life into a beat up looking frame. Anyhow, my 2c's

Ed-Zulu ... pics please!