Critical Mass Pe - 30 November

fabes

Ok guys after this last weekends tragedy I think something needs to be done in Pe to raise awareness of cyclists on the road. So I have a few questions with regards to organising mass gatherings for cyclists and maybe the guys who have organised CM in their cities can maybe help out here

1) is the critical mass the way to go in this instance?

2) how do you decide on a route and what distances and what is a good pace. I know it should be very slow

3) could someone maybe explain exactly what the whole history is behind CM and also explain what message you are trying to get across etc

4) should we inform any authorities about this?

5) what numbers normally attend this

Sorry if these questions are stupid but we a bit slow here in Pe. I have a slight idea what it's about but if we were to organise this in Pe I would have to be able to explain to the folk exactly what the idea of all this is and what the aim is

I feel it is important we do something like this because since Pe started hosting the Ironman there have been a lot more cyclists on the road and the Pe drivers haven't always taken kindly to this

If there are a few Pe Hubbard that want to get involved that would be great

Thanks

Fabes

Edited by fabes

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabes I have a mate in advertising that might be interested in assisting so long as he could be punting himself a bit..(and i say this without having spoken to him at all, so i may be well of base....but he's a good bloke and its a good cause..)

anyway...once you get some more concrete plans give me a shout if you are interested. I am going to be seeing him End of October early Nov

action cycles organised a night ride, not sure how well attended it was? we are quite involved in the cycling community and only heard about it a day before. we want to create awareness. go through the streets where we dont normally ride our bikes.

Charl is at Wayne Phieffer

haha my phone is deciding what words to use

Charl is a good oke

Action cycles has organised the last two

was that not a moonlight mass. I not sure if there is a difference?

Should block off the highway from Walmer Boulevard and ride up to the Cotswold offramp, taking up the whole highway.

Should block off the highway from Walmer Boulevard and ride up to the Cotswold offramp, taking up the whole highway.

So you also up for this Azonic?

I for some reason have also always wished we could ride on that highway. Lets start in Cotswold tho :)

So you also up for this Azonic?

I for some reason have also always wished we could ride on that highway. Lets start in Cotswold tho :)

Oh for sure I'm in. Wife will be as well. You telling me they going to arrest 200 people? Unlikely. Yeah, lets rather start with a downhill :thumbup:

Edited by Azonic