Sit Bones

Speeding

+1 on the Adamo Saddle. Have one on my TT bike and MTB. Done Ironman and 3-day stage race and both times my ass was the only thing that wasn't sore... They take a while to get use to but they are designed so that you sit properly on the saddle.

There was an Adamo Peak (MTB version) selling in Classifieds a few days back for R500.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like slathering your arse with udder cream.

Edit: Don't look for udder cream at Clicks or dischem. Try your local farmers' supply store rather.

The yellow tub (below) is very reasonably priced - it's what I use.

And I got to travel to find a co-op. Dischem is a hop and skip away.

But yes, nothing like a good lathering before a long ride :)

post-22004-0-63543900-1350309208_thumb.jpg

+1 on the Adamo Saddle. Have one on my TT bike and MTB. Done Ironman and 3-day stage race and both times my ass was the only thing that wasn't sore... They take a while to get use to but they are designed so that you sit properly on the saddle.

There was an Adamo Peak (MTB version) selling in Classifieds a few days back for R500.

My sit bones measure for 143 saddle, will i fit on adamo, how much did it cost and where did you buy?

My sit bones measure for 143 saddle, will i fit on adamo, how much did it cost and where did you buy?

Not sure if the width really matters with the Adamo. If you find it too wide then a cable tie to narrow the nose works wonders. I bought mine online (eBay) and paid about R800 a while back. I know Triangle Sports in PE have and you can buy off their website (www.trianglesports.co.za) otherwise I think Troisports in JHB have.

My first MTB (Giant Anthem) came with a Gobi. After a few rides I couldn't handle it anymore so bought the Adamo Peak and have never looked back.

weighing 100 kgs is going to put some pressure on your behind. As you train three things will happen, 1 you will lose some weight, 2 your butt will toughen up and 3 your legs will get stronger and while pedalling your legs will support your weight more. These will all result in less pain.

You realise that your entire post (which i agree with) can be summarised as follows:

HTFU

Do you know anybody that uses the adamo saddle and why they use it? I dont have any soft tissue problems, just those 2 screaming pointy things called sit bones that makes me wonder how 8 day of 7hours + wil make me feel������������������

I use an Adamo. Started getting repeated prostate infections/irritation every time I got on a bike. It sorted those issues out by relieving the pressure on the soft tissues. But it puts more pressure on your sit bones. They say it will take a couple of weeks to adjust.Took me 3 months. They also reckon its muscle soreness that causes the pain - the muscles that cover the sit bones - and they need to be conditioned. (like the muscle soreness you get after your first few visits to the gym).

You realise that your entire post (which i agree with) can be summarised as follows:

HTFU

:-D

HTFU

It certainly seems that way, i dont mind the pain as long as i know their is light at the end of the tonnel.

It certainly seems that way, i dont mind the pain as long as i know their is light at the end of the tonnel.

You just gotta pedal harder mate...

The best thing i ever bought to help get over the pain was an ipod shuffle and good headphones and an even better hard rock/alternative/angry playlist.

Makes the KM's melt away.

I also had problems with numbness, etc. and tried many saddles, including Spez. Ultimately, settled (sic) on Selle SMP 209, bought from CRC.

However, I also found that the angle of the saddle can make a big difference - I run mine slightly nose down.

The yellow tub (below) is very reasonably priced - it's what I use.

And I got to travel to find a co-op. Dischem is a hop and skip away.

But yes, nothing like a good lathering before a long ride :)

Mix in a pea size dollop of Bactroban for added anti-bacterial protection.

Mix in a pea size dollop of Bactroban for added anti-bacterial protection.

Try mixing in about 15 - 20 ml of tea tree oil to the whole tub - smells better, and supposedly has anti bacterial properties too - of course the best would be to mix in a tube of quadriderm ointment - that should sort out a mutitude of things - use full strength if things start to grow....

Try mixing in about 15 - 20 ml of tea tree oil to the whole tub - smells better, and supposedly has anti bacterial properties too - of course the best would be to mix in a tube of quadriderm ointment - that should sort out a mutitude of things - use full strength if things start to grow....

Shot, I'll try that.

I normally mix in some arnica gel oil with the milking cream... for extra slidy-ness. But the tee tree oil will do that job, plus anti-bacterial too.

Edited by tombeej

If things start to grow you sell it as a completely different product!

If things start to grow you sell it as a completely different product!

If things start to grow then you are in deep trouble trying to explain it away to the wife...... :) "But honey it's my lube....."

On a serious note - if you develop small boil like precursors to saddle sores then a topical anti inflammatory gel does seem to relieve pain and speed up healing when combined with a proper anti bacterial - but may (will) burn like s...t if there is already an open wound. The one I normally reccomend's name escapes me at the moment, but I will post it when I remember (rather than get it wrong) - comes in an orange tube and available OTC.

The one I normally reccomend's name escapes me at the moment, but I will post it when I remember (rather than get it wrong) - comes in an orange tube and available OTC.

This?

post-18409-0-23835400-1350486078_thumb.jpg

devil.gif