Trailer buying advice

Bat-ass

The Challenger trailers at Makro are good.

Are these the ones with a CampMaster badge on them? Stay away from anything with that badge, even if you suspect it was mischieviously added afterwards...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a friend who did this and complained about how "jiggly" it was.

Something about how a trailer "bounces" quite a bit and caused the bikes to jump around.

But that was just one opinion...not sure if others have tried.

Also consider the additional drag by doing this. I find that my car is more economical with a fully loaded trailer and the bike on top of the trailer than with the bike rack alone (I also have a euroway carrier). Adding the bike rack will compound the drag and you may end up making up the fuel saving after 2 trips by fitting proper racks on top of the trailer.

I had the holdfast top runner on my trailer but didn't like it. The U bars seperating the bikes are too short and the bikes move around on the rack quite a bit. I ended up buying Thule Prorides and have much more peace of mind.

Very cool Wayne is that a challenger made bike rack? I think the Marko ones are Challenger trailors?

I find it is so frustrating about trailers and I struggled to find that suits me. Lots of trailers lid is so hard to remove for gardening or moving furnitures...

Can someone tell me which trailer to buy, that have bike racks, flip open back bonnet and easy to remove the lid, also don't rust that easily....?

I find it is so frustrating about trailers and I struggled to find that suits me. Lots of trailers lid is so hard to remove for gardening or moving furnitures...

Can someone tell me which trailer to buy, that have bike racks, flip open back bonnet and easy to remove the lid, also don't rust that easily....?

Check my earlier post and phone Trailer City, tell them what your requirements are and ask if they can assist!

Edited by Warrior Princess

Are these the ones with a CampMaster badge on them? Stay away from anything with that badge, even if you suspect it was mischieviously added afterwards...

Why is this?