[Event] WCAD Series 5: Theewaterskloof Adventure Race

cfish50

Event Name: WCAD Series 5: Theewaterskloof Adventure Race
When: 10 November 2012
Where: Theewaterskloof Dam, Western Cape
Category: Multisport

Introduction

The final race of theseries. Lets make a celebratory weekend of it. Come race, chill out and jol.

Make the step up fromthe regular 50 and 100km distances. A short course (55km) & Longer andtougher (120km) option. This is a great way to get into the sport of AdventureRacing.

Fri 09 Nov:17h00-21h00 Long and Short course

Sat 10 Nov: 06h00-07h30(Short Course only)

StartTimes:

Short Course start: 10Nov 09h00 (briefing at 08h00)

Long Course start: 10Nov 02h00 (briefing at 20h00 on Friday evening)

EntryFee:

Short course: R500 perpair

Long Course: R700 perpair

Boat Rentals anadditional R250 per boat incl. PFD and paddles

Entry includes 2nights camping.

Entryperiod:

Entries will be openon 20 September 2012 and close 5th Nov 2012 at 17h00

The first 20 teamsentered will enter a lucky draw for 10 Glider sunglasses

(that’s a 25% chanceof winning for slow people)

Early entries willclose at 5pm on 5th Nov 2012.

Late entries carry asurcharge of R200/team and close at 6pm on 7th Nov 2012

Start/finish:

The race will startand finish at Theewaterskloof caravan park.

Teamformat:

Competitors must racein teams of two and stay together at all times. Mixed gender teams areencouraged and endorsed as the ‘main’ category but male pairs and female pairsalso welcome.

Racedistance:

There are two distanceoptions. Short course of approximately 55km and long course approximately120km. Both races will consist of the following:

Trek, MTB, paddle,ropework/kloofing.

Further details,routes, exact distances and sequence of events will only be disclosed uponissue of your maps and course information at race registration. This is the‘norm’ for Adventure Racing so please don’t bother enquiring prior.

Raceduration:

Short course: 5 - 9Hours

Long Course: 11 - 20Hours

Navigation:

The course is NOTmarked. Competitors are required to navigate their way around the coursebetween Check Points (CPs) by means of map and compass. Maps are 1:50 000topographical paper maps. They are pre-marked with CP’s but competitors need todecide on their own route. Allow ample time for route planning. We recommend noless than 1 hour for route plotting and bring your own stationary, highlightersetc to mark maps. GPS are NOT allowed although foot pods and distance measuringwatches (without gps co-ords.) are permitted.

Kitrequired:

There is a compulsory kitlist on www.wcad.co.za. Competitors must ensure they are carrying allcompulsory items at all times. There will be random kit checks along the wayand competitors without compulsory gear will be penalized with time ordisqualified accordingly. Please take necessary precaution to keep maps dry.PFD lifejackets compulsory for the paddle. Boats required by competitors unlesspre-booked online. Boat hire is R250 per team.

Accommodation:

2 nights campingincluded in race entry. For more info go to http://www.theewaters.co.za/about/camping/

We recommend arrivingon Friday evening to avoid the Sat am sparrows rush and encourage all to stayfor a jol on Saturday night. Entry fee includes 2 nights camping, so stickaround. There will be vids, photos, free beer, a braai including prize givingwhere there will be cash give aways and great sponsored prizes. Party Adventureracing style!

Breakfast available onSunday. Pre-bookings only at R35 a head.

RaceRules:

As per race website:www.wcad.co.za

Contact: WCAD - Chris Fisher E-mail: wcad@live.co.za Website: www.wcad.co.za

Go to Event Page